Piss & Moan Table

Storms keep rolling through the state.

Tornado watches and warnings, rain, hail.

A storm dropped this stuff near where my parents live.

Screenshot_20220615-134052_DuckDuckGo.jpg

Oddly enough the bigger hail does less overall damage most of the time. Smaller golf ball size means fixing hundreds of dents in cars or stripping plants bare because it's everywhere. The big big stuff normally comes down and misses most things. But when you get a direct hit, it sucks.

As the temps swing between the 80s and 100 day to day, we get big storms. We got over 2 inches of rain starting early today.

Also, big hail like that means tornados are likely in the area because it's updrafts that create big hail, and updrafts that turn sideways from prevailing winds are tornados. You're lucky you dodged a tornado!

Reactions: InOmaha
There were Tornado warnings south last night. Just rain here. But it went from 97 monday to 75 today back to around 100 this weekend. Those swings are strong fronts fighting each other. Plus the college world series starts. We always have strong storms at the beginning of that.

My parents found this one in their yard.

Screenshot_20220611-174059_Drive.jpg

A hail storm with 1-2" hail went through north of Omaha in 2014 and did a couple hundred million in damage. I think $15 million of that was to Woodhouse Trucks in Blair. Theylost 4,500 trucks.

5390f1a36ca15.image.jpg

RETAIL07_306099960_AR_-1_HTNXKDRVFBWX.jpg

Houses didn’t fair muxh better.
2014_06_04_61346.jpg

A lot more strikes with 90 mph wind.

They have rows of parking covers over them now.

They nicknamed it truck mountain. I think they are the largest truck dealer in the nation.

This is the truck lot.

View attachment 337358

With prices now, that would have cost a lot more.

How recent is that? Most dealers are lucky if they have a truck on the lot right now.

Reactions: reddvltj
Before the storm in 2014. I went by there earlier this year and they had several hundred. Nothing in the thousands like the photo. The first road or two up the hill. Nothing on top.

people have no fucking patience anymore.

in line at the checkout at the local gas station, already waiting about 5 minutes for the several people ahead of me. down to the last 2 people ahead of me a scrawny guy in his late 50's walks in and immediately blatantly tells me behind my back "hey guy, if your in line you better step forward".

at this point im already 5' from the cash register and there is a lady ahead of me standing beside a endcap display and a guy about finished checking out at the counter. I believe im clearly close enough to the counter as I need to be.

I turn around quite irritated with him, look the guy straight in the eyes and inform him there is a guy at the counter, a lady in front of me and he is going to have to wait. after turning back around he starts muttering about how im not gonna just tell him off like that and some other under his breath bullshit spewing from his mouth which I just ignore.. im not gonna feed the assholes ego.

as hes still spewing the lady waiting in front of me tells him to shut his fucking mouth among many other insults back and forth & im just standing there ignoring the situation waiting for the moment this guy escalates to physical altercation and planning on how about im gonna need to tackle this guy.

threats were made between these 2 customers among informing they would call the police on one another, lady threatening if he wants to throw fist to go talk to her 6'6" husband outside.

come to find out this guy had been in the store a time or 2 ahead of me arriving and hes pissed because the new employee, probably 17 yr old pregnant girl "fucked up" his gas pump causing him to go into the store a couple times 🤷‍♂️ she was actually off to the side crying about his behavior towards her at this point and the the manager had stepped in to take over the register.

as I was walking out I heard him telling the manager that she shouldn't be working there if she's pregnant and doesn't know how to do her job :rolleyes:.

so I get back to the jeep and wait around for a few minutes just to make sure all is good & as this pissy guy walks out of the station I hear the lady that had been ahead of me in line start yelling "thats the guy" to her husband. so this 6'6" guy drives over and blocks this guys car in, gets out and starts yelling at the guy through his drivers side window.

as im still sitting there parked people start pulling their phones out and recording. I decide its time to go.

I was on the way to the auto parts store to drop off some used oil just up the road from the gas station anyways but happened to notice on the way home that there were 2 police vehicles there blocking in the 2 cars that were blocking each other in.

no idea what the outcome was but moral of the story is, just have patience with people. if this guy wasn't running his mouth, making sexist comments, harassing new employees, creating a scene.. none of this would have happened. I understand time is money and possibly he was on a time crunch.. but you need to account for variables in your plans. not every day is going to go the way you want it to go and patience goes a long way.

Last edited:
people have no fucking patience anymore.

in line at the checkout at the local gas station, already waiting about 5 minutes for the several people ahead of me. down to the last 2 people ahead of me a scrawny guy in his late 50's walks in and immediately blatantly tells me behind my back "hey guy, if your in line you better step forward".

at this point im already 5' from the cash register and there is a lady ahead of me standing beside a endocarp display and a guy about finished checking out at the counter. I believe im clearly close enough to the counter as I need to be.

I turn around quite irritated with him, look the guy straight in the eyes and inform him there is a guy at the counter, a lady in front of me and he is going to have to wait. after turning back around he starts muttering about how im not gonna just tell him off like that and some other under his breath bullshit spewing from his mouth which I just ignore.. im not gonna feed the assholes ego.

as hes still spewing the lady waiting in front of me tells him to shut his fucking mouth among many other insults back and forth & im just standing there ignoring the situation waiting for the moment this guy escalates to physical altercation and planning on how about im gonna need to tackle this guy.

threats were made between these 2 customers among informing they would call the police on one another, lady threatening if he wants to throw fist to go talk to her 6'6" husband outside.

come to find out this guy had been in the store a time or 2 ahead of me arriving and hes pissed because the new employee, probably 17 yr old pregnant girl "fucked up" his gas pump causing him to go into the store a couple times 🤷‍♂️ she was actually off to the side crying about his behavior towards her at this point and the the manager had stepped in to take over the register.

as I was walking out I heard him telling the manager that she shouldn't be working there if she's pregnant and doesn't know how to do her job :rolleyes:.

so I get back to the jeep and wait around for a few minutes just to make sure all is good & as this pissy guy walks out of the station I hear the lady that had been ahead of me in line start yelling "thats the guy" to her husband. so this 6'6" guy drives over and blocks this guys car in, gets out and starts yelling at the guy through his drivers side window.

as im still sitting there parked people start pulling their phones out and recording. I decide its time to go.

I was on the way to the auto parts store to drop off some used oil just up the road from the gas station anyways but happened to notice on the way home that there were 2 police vehicles there blocking in the 2 cars that were blocking each other in.

no idea what the outcome was but moral of the story is, just have patience with people. if this guy wasn't running his mouth, making sexist comments, harassing new employees, creating a scene.. none of this would have happened. I understand time is money and possibly he was on a time crunch.. but you need to account for variables in your plans. not every day is going to go the way you want it to go and patience goes a long way.

My son and I call it I'm the only person in the world syndrome. They could careless about anything or anyone. You see them get gas leave their car at the pump while they take their sweet time inside the store.

You see them parking in the no parking area blocking everyone. They really like getting their lottery tickets checked when it super busy. Then they say umm I'll have a number 23, and umm let's see a 10.