Piss & Moan Table

Yeah.... I'll take 3 months of 100 to avoid fist sized hail, tornados and range balls....

You aren't really living. 😀

There were some seriously hearty people that settled here. The weather sucks. It's hot and humid to artic cold. Sometimes in the same day.

The largest temperature swing I've seen in a day is 75 F. A 35-40 F drop in 1/2 hour isn't a surprise.

We get fronts from the Gulf and from Western Canada clashing. Hot humid south winds for multiple days and a fast moving cold front from Canada fires off the big stuff. It depends on the movement of the jet stream.

• Wow
Reactions: reddvltj
Traveling today for work. I went to fill up the rental car for return but the gas station was not allowing pay at the pump.

I told the cashier it’s over 3/4’s full but I have no idea how big the tank is so I was guessing it needed 4 gallons.

He says “so is it above 1/2?”

I said it’s over 3/4’s

He says “I haven’t driven for over a year so I don’t know what that means”

I said charge me $20

What a long ass day of travel. But a hell of a view after being up 20 hours. It's 11pm local time and the sun should set in a couple hours.

20220625_224054.jpg

I'm dropping my wallet off at the gas station, and a guy pulled up on the other side of the pump.

He says I'm going to be saving money on gas next week. So I bite, how you doing that? I'm getting a 4cly Jeep Wrangler.

I tell him I've got one, the problem with your plan is that four-cylinder isn't a very fuel efficient motor. Plus that motor is trying to push a vehicle that's got the aerodynamics of a brick.

I didn't bother to get into the fact that by the time he pays the sales tax, the excise tax, registers it , inspects it, insured it how long do you think it will take to make that money back in gas savings?

I'm dropping my wallet off at the gas station, and a guy pulled up on the other side of the pump.

He says I'm going to be saving money on gas next week. So I bite, how you doing that? I'm getting a 4cly Jeep Wrangler.

I tell him I've got one, the problem with your plan is that four-cylinder isn't a very fuel efficient motor. Plus that motor is trying to push a vehicle that's got the aerodynamics of a brick.

I didn't bother to get into the fact that by the time he pays the sales tax, the excise tax, registers it , inspects it, insured it how long do you think it will take to make that money back in gas savings?

Sounds more like you pissing in his Cheerios than you pissing and moaning...:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Here in California there are about a $1.50 in taxes and fees per gallon of gas, I don’t see Gavin offering Brandon any help with the gas tax holiday though. This brings up the question, since those fees and taxes go to road repair and maintenance (roughest roads in the country) is the cost electricity going to go up to pay for this once they get their electric cars?

Here in California there are about a $1.50 in taxes and fees per gallon of gas, I don’t see Gavin offering Brandon any help with the gas tax holiday though. This brings up the question, since those fees and taxes go to road repair and maintenance (roughest roads in the country) is the cost electricity going to go up to pay for this once they get their electric cars?

Washington state has faced that same question, and one of the answers was to start taxing people per mile that they drive annually, which brought up another question of how to tax out of state vehicles..

It's going to be a complete shit show no matter how they "figure" it. They're probably also increase registration fees based on vehicle weight classification.

Washington state has faced that same question, and one of the answers was to start taxing people per mile that they drive annually, which brought up another question of how to tax out of state vehicles..

It's going to be a complete shit show no matter how they "figure" it. They're probably also increase registration fees based on vehicle weight classification.

I have an 05 Ram 3500 that I just forked out $700 w/the cost of the smog check included (and it’s a diesel) how much more should I pay?

I have an 05 Ram 3500 that I just forked out $700 w/the cost of the smog check included (and it’s a diesel) how much more should I pay?

Oh I get it... Washington was the same way when I lived there. It's ridiculous. (Not to rub salt into that wound but here, it's less than $100/year each, to register my 2006 2500 Mega Cab, the mail route's 2010 3500 Ram, and the folk's 99 3500 Ram dually) Really thinking about it though your truck is already paying more road taxes than a small car just in MPG. Just thinking about it there are all kinds of ways they could totally screw people for having heavy duty vehicles, electric or not.

Reactions: DrDmoney

Probably. Even though california already has the highest electric rates in the country.

Reactions: DrDmoney
Shrinkflation.

Yes, it's been going on for a long time, but it's at times like these that the ratchet cranks down never to return. The difference now is that manufacturers hide it much better by deliberately designing packaging dimensions the same while reducing the weight/volume of the product.

I try to use the price per weight/volume on the shelf label to compare, but find that many times they use differing units or are flat out wrong.

Shrinkflation.

Yes, it's been going on for a long time, but it's at times like these that the ratchet cranks down never to return. The difference now is that manufacturers hide it much better by deliberately designing packaging dimensions the same while reducing the weight/volume of the product.

I try to use the price per weight/volume on the shelf label to compare, but find that many times they use differing units or are flat out wrong.

I fucking hate when packages get smaller. Don't lie to me, I know things are getting more expensive. Now I gotta buy two of them instead of just one, blah, blah, blah.

That's what she said.

Nowadays they don't make the packaging smaller. They purposefully keep it the same so when you go to grab it you don't look at the weight/volume.

And what the fuck does all this game playing accomplish? The price is the price. The size/weight is the size/weight.

Reactions: RMETeeJay