Piss & Moan Table

It passed us now. Brace yourselves Iowa.

Screenshot_20211215-161608_Radar X.jpg

Last edited:
My son told me the air tube for the Central Boiler outdoor woodburner had burned out.
It’s stainless 1/4” 2x2 tubing about 18” long with some holes in it for the air and capped on the end.

November 2019 bought one for $70. $10 shopping.
Ordered one today.....$158 and $20 shipping.

My son told me the air tube for the Central Boiler outdoor woodburner had burned out.
It’s stainless 1/4” 2x2 tubing about 18” long with some holes in it for the air and capped on the end.

November 2019 bought one for $70. $10 shopping.
Ordered one today.....$158 and $20 shipping.
See Biden is making things more valuable, we should be so proud.

See Biden is making things more valuable, we should be so proud.
No matter how well intentioned Trumps"tariffs" are, the end user pays. Trump administration put the 25% tariff on imports, Immediately domestic producers raised prices the same amount. Now w/o any competition the sky seems to be the limit on prices and the end user can only hope to get the KY jelly applied in time.

No matter how well intentioned Trumps"tariffs" are, the end user pays. Trump administration put the 25% tariff on imports, Immediately domestic producers raised prices the same amount. Now w/o any competition the sky seems to be the limit on prices and the end user can only hope to get the KY jelly applied in time.
"Now, daddy he was makin' money hand over fist. And y'all was getting' screwed but you wasn't getting kissed."
(Ballad of Hank Williams, by Hank Williams, Jr.)

Yeah, getting ready to price out a multimillion dollar project with heavy fab work. I had to add adjustment factors to the spreadsheets I use as our pricing we receive changes daily. Hard to forecast.

Yeah, getting ready to price out a multimillion dollar project with heavy fab work. I had to add adjustment factors to the spreadsheets I use as our pricing we receive changes daily. Hard to forecast.
I have a buddy that runs a welding shop and maintains a roof shingle manufacturing plant. Aggregate grinding, hot tar, etc. He has gone to only having his quotes valid for 3 days. I think he told me a sheet of SS that he was buying for $600 in May '21 Is now $1800 in Dec'21.
I'm sure his purchasing power is much less than your companies but still ripple this across the nation....where do we end up? The great reset.

I have a buddy that runs a welding shop and maintains a roof shingle manufacturing plant. Aggregate grinding, hot tar, etc. He has gone to only having his quotes valid for 3 days. I think he told me a sheet of SS that he was buying for $600 in May '21 Is now $1800 in Dec'21.
I'm sure his purchasing power is much less than your companies but still ripple this across the nation....where do we end up? The great reset.
We don't have that much power since we operate all over the country using local labor and suppliers if possible. Have to make sure I account for costs and my market adjustments then pass it through.

"Now, daddy he was makin' money hand over fist. And y'all was getting' screwed but you wasn't getting kissed."
(Ballad of Hank Williams, by Hank Williams, Jr.)
And he fired my ass and he fired Jerry Rivers
And he fired everybody just as hard as he could go
He fired old Cedric and he fired Sammy Pruitt
And he fired some people that he didn't even know

I know this is low level but a dozen eggs at Aldi a month ago was $.59. They were out of stock for a couple weeks and now they are back at $1.79/Dozen. That is a hell of an increase.
Lucky you! a dozen eggs in Australia is $5.50 and was when Aldi was selling them to you for 59c

• Sad
Reactions: reddvltj