Piss & Moan Table

Becoming all too common
From my own experience, it's not. The cluster two weeks ago was caused by MIA, not the airline. I've flown well over a million miles since 2001 and the last three years have been the busiest for me, with 84 flights last year. I can count on one hand the flight delays I've had of more than one hour last year. That's playing the averages, though. If you do one round trip per year and one flight is delayed, that's 50% and a horrible average. Worse if it's both flights. 3 delays in 84 flights is 3.5%. I lost more time through the damn I-294 construction traffic.

Still, like everyone else, I hate flight delays.

Reactions: Farmergreg
From my own experience, it's not. The cluster two weeks ago was caused by MIA, not the airline. I've flown well over a million miles since 2001 and the last three years have been the busiest for me, with 84 flights last year. I can count on one hand the flight delays I've had of more than one hour last year. That's playing the averages, though. If you do one round trip per year and one flight is delayed, that's 50% and a horrible average. Worse if it's both flights. 3 delays in 84 flights is 3.5%. I lost more time through the damn I-294 construction traffic.

Still, like everyone else, I hate flight delays.
I flew 175,000 miles last year no significant delays. This year delayed 50% of the time and the guys who work for me are seeing it too. We fly all major airlines.

The worst for me was a 7 hour delay for a 1 hour flight. Started as a mechanical issue, then a plane change then a lack of crew, then a lack of gate crew.

I’m trying to avoid flying this year.

I only travel for leisure and very happy that’s all. On the trip down we beat driving a car by 8 hours.
On the way back I think we will be almost even on time now with the delays.

I’m still a baggage claim, bus ride, and a 1.5 hr drive home.

who's grand idea was this Commieforna spout :mad:
View attachment 332262

get one of these to replace that shit spout. makes life alot easier and no drips, seeps or spills and most importantly... no diesel all over your boots, clothes or hands.
View attachment 332267

View attachment 332265

I've actually learned to like them. Just snip off the red tab that always spilled fuel on your fingers. Works great and doesn't spill now.

Still slow flow but not an issue on small equipment.

Reactions: reddvltj and Zorba
Why, explain it to me.

I don't care, people can do what they want but I don't get it. I can understand reading a book to escape when the weather is awful. I'm on my boat at the lake, I see people reading while on their dock?

My other house is across the street from the eagles club. Suns out beautiful day I come down to get something to bring back to the lake the eagles is packed. Why spend the day in a dark dank bar when it's nice outside? If you need to drink so bad do it outside.

We don't have a very long summah here in Maine why waste it inside or reading a book?

Why, explain it to me.

I don't care, people can do what they want but I don't get it. I can understand reading a book to escape when the weather is awful. I'm on my boat at the lake, I see people reading while on their dock?

My other house is across the street from the eagles club. Suns out beautiful day I come down to get something to bring back to the lake the eagles is packed. Why spend the day in a dark dank bar when it's nice outside? If you need to drink so bad do it outside.

We don't have a very long summah here in Maine why waste it inside or reading a book?

I like to give my wife crap about her "vacation" book reading.
Usually tell her something along the lines of: "I'm going out to do something I can write a book about to keep the masses entertained"

All women are Bi.

You just have to decide if it's polar, sexual, or both.

1654559054339.gif

We pissed and moaned about this earlier, but it happened again. I paid my house/mortgage off, so my credit score dropped 25 points.

Congrats for shaking the monkey off your back! Generally, 25 points on a credits score doesn't change much for you if you had good credit before.

We pissed and moaned about this earlier, but it happened again. I paid my house/mortgage off, so my credit score dropped 25 points.

That's odd..... I paid off my home a few years ago, no car loans and my credit cards never get used and my credit score is over 820. I keep hearing that you have to use it to get your score up. I can't remember the last time I paid a credit card company interest.... the last car loan I had was a 4 year one on a new car we paid off in 18 months....we've never had department store cards either. We use debt cards primarily.

That's odd..... I paid off my home a few years ago, no car loans and my credit cards never get used and my credit score is over 820. I keep hearing that you have to use it to get your score up. I can't remember the last time I paid a credit card company interest.... the last car loan I had was a 4 year one on a new car we paid off in 18 months....we've never had department store cards either. We use debt cards primarily.

no mortgages on either house, only one car payment left and use my CC for everything to the tune of $4-6K/mo always paid off each month, credit score 835-845