Piss & Moan Table

I should have added to the story when I've been sitting for awhile it takes awhile for the arthritis to loosen it's grip on my joints.

So at first I do walk like I'm 90 years old. Then I only limp a bit.

When I was in Florida I went into a Walmart after sitting way to long. This guy who was 90 plus came up to me in an electric cart inside the store he said would you like to use the cart?

But they are watching at the bluffdale facility, they can literally see things you wouldn’t expect them to, and store the data for everything posted now

A buddy of mine that lives in Lehi worked on that facility back in2011 just before the whole Snowden thing.

Reactions: reddvltj
I was just in harbor freight looking for one small item. A guy comes up to me and said you should get a cart?? 'I'm thinking why is this guy telling me that.

Then he says if you had a cart you wouldn't look so old, bent over, and hobbling around. You also wouldn't need to get a walker. I said thanks for the advice.

WTF?

Okay off to look for nursing homes.

The local QFC grocery store wants you to use a cart or a carry a basket. Something about not doing so makes you look more suspicious, like your going to shoplift... :unsure::rolleyes:

The local QFC grocery store wants you to use a cart or a carry a basket. Something about not doing so makes you look more suspicious, like your going to shoplift... :unsure::rolleyes:
If you can even find a hand basket. I often like to use them in various types of stores - they often don't have them, or if they do, finding them is a challenge.

Three plus months ago my car got hit in the back. The damage was so small I never noticed until someone showed me.

I called my insurance company, they said no problem take it to the largest collision center in the state of Maine.

So I take it to one of the multiple locations across the state. They take pictures look at my car they said oh the damage is over 2,000 some odd dollars.

You can drop it off October 3rd. I dropped the car off first thing in the morning put the keys in the key drop then I realize I never asked how long it's going to take for them to fix the car.

I call him the next day ask him and they said well we don't know for sure it depends if we can get the parts that we need to fix the car.

Get the parts they've had over 3 months to get the f****** parts.

I'm still waiting for the surveyor that's been forever I'm waiting for the excavator he was supposed to come the first week in June.

Yes I've tried other places yes I bugged them but nobody wants to do anything. Tomorrow I deal with the a****** for the last time. I have to say the a****** did what he said he was going to do when he said he was going to do it unlike the other nice people I've been trying to get to do stuff for me.

I'm done ranting for now.

what is happening is when they have a bag charge people are stealing them.
Yea, I've been told that at a few stores - and I'm sure its happening. Home Depot is easy - if I need a hand basket and they don't have any (I know where they hide them), I just grab one of the buckets and use that. Tell the checkout gal to keep it - unless, of course, its time for me to buy another one anyway!

Reactions: Squatch
what is happening is when they have a bag charge people are stealing them.

They had a brief period when you could buy re-usable bags. Then Covid happened and they were no longer allowed to touch your re-usable bags. Now they'll only bag your groceries if you buy their bags. It's pretty stupid.

Completely lost ALL…
Yes ALL
AYE, ELLE, ELLE all respect for businesses in general, since “The Situation”… The “C” …. The “VID”

Sick of the excuses
Sick of the delays
Sick of the BS
Sick of the “new norm”

It’s only the “New Norm” if you let it be!

I don’t “need” ANY OF THEIR PARTS!
I just “want them”

I’ll keep on riding my (perfectly capable, of getting me from point A to point B, “Stock Junk” around, and pick and choose who I do business with with a MUCH FINER toothed comb from now on!

If you don’t have parts READY TO BE SHIPPED, don’t take our money.
Paying a company and waiting MONTHS AND MONTHS, IS BS!
Y’all can jump on that wagon train if you want to….

I ain’t doing it!

About to purge FB and IG because this has gotten COMPLETELY out of hand!

Side Note…..
For business
If you are selling something, how about have ALL PERTINENT INFORMATION of your product available and forthcoming when discussing said product!?!?!

Don’t make me email you NUMEROUS TIMES (some going unanswered or “undeliverable”) before we find out “it’s included in the kit/purchase”

Come On Man!

Two and a half hours in line at Avis. Enterprise ran out of cars, and as I was leaving with my car the garage manager said Avis only had a couple of cars left.

I told him there was a huge line waiting.

Two and a half hours in line at Avis. Enterprise ran out of cars, and as I was leaving with my car the garage manager said Avis only had a couple of cars left.

I told him there was a huge line waiting.

Had to rent from Avis a couple weeks ago because Hertz and National were out of cars. Same thing, long ass line. Tried to pick my car through the app and it wouldn’t let me and said go to the counter.

I get up there finally and the guy says I should skip the line and I tell him it said I had to go to the counter. Then he says that they just needed to scan my ID and that next time I can skip the line.

Rented through Hertz this week and walked out and selected my car, much better.

Reactions: reddvltj
Had to rent from Avis a couple weeks ago because Hertz and National were out of cars. Same thing, long ass line. Tried to pick my car through the app and it wouldn’t let me and said go to the counter.

I get up there finally and the guy says I should skip the line and I tell him it said I had to go to the counter. Then he says that they just needed to scan my ID and that next time I can skip the line.

Rented through Hertz this week and walked out and selected my car, much better.

They had one agent which caused a huge backup, of course a few people would go by the line thinking they didn't need to wait.

One guy told the agent he went to garage to grab a car, they told him he needed to stand in line like the rest of us peasants.

He got to the back of line, 50 plus people behind me. His wife all 500 plus pounds of her wasn't having any of that.

She talked to the agent, he said stand over there and wait for a manager. When I finally got waited on she was still standing there, I don't think a manager was ever coming.

Made me think of this. Skip the first minute...

Had that happen in Cleveland when going to Lincoln Electric for a welding design class. Got to Cleveland and went to the Enterprise desk and told them I had a reservation. Sorry we don’t have any cars. But I had a reservation?

Luckily Hertz right next to it had a Mustang for me.

We had a big windstorm last night, and this oak didn't make it.

On the good news side, it fell away from my house.

fallen oak.jpg

My daughter came home for the holidays. Her car was making a nasty noise when turning so wheel bearing.

I took it to a shop I use because I've never done one and didn't feel like wasting days learning. But he mentioned the rear brakes could use a replacement.

I've done brakes before so I bought everything to get it done. New pads and rotors. I think I figured out why the rear brakes were weak.

A pin on the driver's side was stuck, but I got it loose and cleaned up. After working for an hour to get the siezed rotor off the e-brake and another hour to free and clean everything up.

This one on the passenger side, not so much.

20221229_173115.jpg

I don't think the brakes were operating properly. But do you know who sells a replacement bracket. Nobody. So I'm going to have to replace the whole caliper to get a stupid bracket. Oh well. 3 out of 4 brakes in 5 hours isn't too bad. The fronts just needed to clean them and check the pins were free floating.