Michigan Planning a trip to Gladwin

Jackman

TJ Enthusiast
I’m trying to plan a trip to gladwin this Saturday. Checking out the sterling truck trail and such.. anyone else interested?

missed this post, i was out of state. would have been interested. ive not come across anything too technical up that way & i dont like mud lol. it is very sandy and dusty though.

The ORV route from West Branch to Leota is pretty nice and casual. believe i heard the sterling truck trail had been closed but ive got no backup for a source of information other than coming across the report online at some point.

It was open earlier, say a month ago and that is where the op went.
We should try to plan something for the (near?) future.

I may have read old postings at the time i come across it. seem to remember a township supervisor not into orv/quads and closed it down but not too sure.

id be game for a day trip to Drummond or something on a weekend at some point if its dry weather. kinda 4wd low driving or 1-2 gear idling on the trails primarily and not mucky unless you veer off on something nasty in the woods. my work schedule is really screwy so i really only get around a week of advance whether or not ill be working standby for weekends though.

I may have read old postings at the time i come across it. seem to remember a township supervisor not into orv/quads and closed it down but not too sure.

id be game for a day trip to Drummond or something on a weekend at some point if its dry weather. kinda 4wd low driving or 1-2 gear idling on the trails primarily and not mucky unless you veer off on something nasty in the woods. my work schedule is really screwy so i really only get around a week of advance whether or not ill be working standby for weekends though.
The trail is in fact open. I didn’t hit any of the side trails as the wife was ready to head back home and we were solo.
it was quite dry and dusty. Only found a small puddle at the west end near wildwood dr.
Drummond sounds like fun.. I don’t think I can get the wife to cross the bridge or even get on the ferry though.

• Sad
Reactions: 03coloradowrangler
Drummond is definitely on my bucket list but I want to hit some closer stuff first. I do like the low and slow stuff as well. I would want to do a long weekend in the UP at some point, a day on Drummond and the Huron Mtns.

Drummond is definitely on my bucket list but I want to hit some closer stuff first. I do like the low and slow stuff as well. I would want to do a long weekend in the UP at some point, a day on Drummond and the Huron Mtns.

Can you jeep in the Huron Mountains? Do you have any info on this? Thankyou

Hit up rocks and valleys in Clair. Fun park. Drummond is also a riot.