Please help me put a value on my 2006 Golden Eagle

cjjaneiro11

Hi there. First off I would like to apologize if I mispost or do anything wrong. This is literally my first post. I recently picked up a 2006 golden eagle. It is a true golden eagle, I ran the vin to get the build sheet. It was a factory no hood decal. I still have the original wheels in great shape. I bought the jeep because the frame and body are in amazing shape for the age. There is no rust or damage that I can find with the exception of some super mild surface rust on bumper mounts. Interior appears to be all original and in great shape. It's a 4.0 6 speed manual. Has a 4 inch suspension lift that appears to have been professionally installed, it looks to have been done right. Jeep is higher mileage (200k) but runs and drives really well. Trying to get an idea of what it is worth. I am not trying to sell, I just would like to have an idea of what it is worth. I understand that the golden eagle package is an appearance package but being around classics my entire life I know that low production numbers tend to make things a little more collectible. Thanks so much for any input. Sorry for lack of photos, can upload more if needed.

Screenshot_20220813-143423.png

IMG_20220815_202038.jpg

IMG_20220816_203049.jpg

10-12k would be my start for the high end. But that ship may have sailed as the used market has slowed down a bit in the last few months. It really comes down to what the frame and skid mounts look like. This is where the true value of a TJ is found.

The milage really kills it, regardless of how reliable the 4.0L is

The golden eagle doesn't add any value to the average TJ buyer. The Dana 44 rear adds a couple hundred bucks for sure. However, a buyer who really wants to have a golden eagle might pay a little extra, but I wouldn't ask for more just because it’s a golden eagle. Its just seat covers and wheels (which can be hard to find out in the wild like ebay/facebook/craigslist.)

The golden eagle is cool but won't add a ton of value like it did on the older jeeps. The mileage will be a turn off for some buyers.

It looks really clean and if it's as nice as you described here on the west coast its a 12k jeep

Only extra value I see is being able to thump your chest and say you have a unicorn. In my opinion any extra value was lost when it was modified.

2,621 Built
Golden Eagle - 2006 only
* 4.0L I-6 engine
* Dana 44 rear axle
* Golden Eagle hood, fender, and spare tire decals/logos
* Painted instrument panel accents
* Two-tone premium seats with Golden Eagle logos
* 30" tires with 15" gold finished Ravine wheels

Reactions: BlueC
  • for $15,000
  • 6/22/22
This auction has ended, see more Jeep Wrangler auctions here.
Ended June 22nd at 10:54 AM PDT
MakeJeepModelWranglerSaveMileage55,000VIN1J4FA49S26P736970Engine4.0L I6Drivetrain4WD/AWDTransmissionAutomatic (4-Speed)Body StyleSUV/CrossoverExterior ColorStone WhiteInterior ColorDark Slate GrayTitle StatusClean (NJ)LocationLawnside, NJ 08045Seller
92XDlp56-5f5I_SkGjR.jpg

hobbycar18
Seller TypeDealer

Doug's Take​

The TJ Wrangler is an excellent off-roader that's a LOT different than the current model, as it's smaller and much simpler. This is a desirable final-year TJ that boasts the heritage-laced Golden Eagle Package – a throwback to the package offered on the CJ – a 4.0-liter straight-6 engine known for its longevity, and no major modifications. That last point is a big deal, as finding a TJ that hasn't been lifted isn't easy! Another major benefit here is the mileage – the odometer displays about 55,000 miles, which is unusually low. This Jeep is also offered with the excitement of no reserve, which adds to its excitement.

Highlights​

THIS... is a 2006 Jeep Wrangler Golden Eagle 4x4, finished in Stone White with a black soft top and a Dark Slate Gray interior.
  • This SUV's odometer displays about 55,000 miles.
  • The attached Carfax history report lists no mileage inconsistencies in this Jeep's past.
  • The window sticker shown in the gallery notes that this Wrangler cost $28,685 new (about $41,200 in 2022). Factory equipment includes the Golden Eagle Package, the Brake and Traction Group, skid plates, a padded sport bar, air conditioning, a 7-speaker sound system, and cruise control. Modifications reported by the seller include diamond plating on the rear parts of the body and seats from a non-Golden Eagle model.
  • Round headlights made their first appearance on a Wrangler when the second-generation model arrived in 1996 as a 1997 model. Called TJ internally, it also ushered in a more road-friendly suspension system with coil instead of leaf springs but it lost none of its predecessor's famed off-road capability. Jeep added the Golden Eagle model to the range for 2006, which was also the TJ's final model year on the market.
  • Power comes from a 4.0-liter straight-6, rated at 190 horsepower and 235 lb-ft of torque. It spins the rear or the four wheels via a 4-speed automatic transmission and a 2-speed transfer case.

Equipment​

A window sticker is pictured in the gallery, and a partial list of notable equipment includes:
  • Golden Eagle Package (gold-colored 15-inch "Ravine" wheels, 30-inch tires, Dana 44 heavy-duty rear axle, edition-specific exterior decals)
  • Brake and Traction Group (4-wheel disc brakes, Trac-Lok rear differential, and 3.73 axle ratio)
  • Dana 30 front axle
  • Skid plates
  • Tinted front windows
  • Removable soft top
  • Removable full doors
  • Manual windows
  • Padded sport bar
  • Air conditioning
  • CD player
  • 7-speaker sound system
  • Cruise control

Modifications​

• Mudflaps
  • Running boards
  • Diamond plating on the rear parts of the body
  • "Golden Eagle"-branded spare tire cover removed
  • Seats from a non-Golden Eagle model

Known Flaws​

• The attached Carfax history report notes that this Wrangler hit a concrete traffic barrier in December 2009. It adds that functional damage to the left side was reported and that this Jeep was towed. The selling dealer states that the left fender has been replaced and painted.
  • Some touched-up chips
  • Flaking paint on the door mirror arms and mounting points
  • Scratches on the soft top windows
  • Wear on the driver's seat and steering wheel
  • Residue on the center console
  • Scuffs and scratches on the rear seatbacks
  • Stains on the carpet
  • Some rust on the underbody components

Considering what I see on CL if it don't sell at the first posted price, then raise it a couple thousand and it will surely sell. :cool:

What you're really asking is, "did I pay too much for my Jeep?"

p.s. There's one locally with 180,000 miles and all stock. Price dropped to $9,000 after 3 months and it still didn't sell.

Last edited:
Considering what I see on CL if it don't sell at the first posted price, then raise it a couple thousand and it will surely sell. :cool:

He's not selling it.

"Trying to get an idea of what it is worth. I am not trying to sell, I just would like to have an idea of what it is worth"

Tough call.
First you would have to put it all back to stock to get the most value out of it being a Golden Eagle.
Whether or not that value is higher than a clean, mildly built TJ depends on demand.

This is my take, and I by and sell these as a hobby as well as own a couple-

Aside from the Rubihara, and maybe a low mileage Tomb Raider someone wants bad, as gar as TJ’s in general, the Rubicon brings the most and adds 20-50 percent depending on condition (or more) , the Sahara is next, then most of the other packages might add $500-1000.00 on a good day, but these packages don’t compensate any for high mileage, abuse or rust. Realistically a bumper (Mopar RockCrawler) would add more value than a Golden Eagle or Apex package.

I do like that look in the stone white.

Aside from the Rubihara, and maybe a low mileage Tomb Raider someone wants bad, as gar as TJ’s in general, the Rubicon brings the most and adds 20-50 percent depending on condition (or more) , the Sahara is next, then most of the other packages might add $500-1000.00 on a good day, but these packages don’t compensate any for high mileage, abuse or rust. Realistically a bumper (Mopar RockCrawler) would add more value than a Golden Eagle or Apex package.

I do like that look in the stone white.

Apex package would reduce the price in book. Same for Golden Eagle. Does anybody really like orange seats (apex), hood stickers, or gold painted wheels?

OP doesn't even like the wheels

Apex package would reduce the price in book. Same for Golden Eagle. Does anybody really like orange seats (apex), hood stickers, or gold painted wheels?

OP doesn't even like the wheels

It really depends on the buyer. By the book, packages usually always add value.

I cant recall if the Apex uses real leather or not, but if it does, that should certainly bring more value. Any TJ/LJ is 100% worth what a buyer would pay.

I’ve always noticed that “orange” dyed leather and carpet that Jeep uses (Spice/Camel) is also a sure seller in the high end car market.

Not a fan of the Golden Eagle “kit.” And I have one.

Further more, I highly doubt many here on the forum would pay the $40k inflation corrected MSRP today for a TJ.

Hi there. First off I would like to apologize if I mispost or do anything wrong. This is literally my first post. I recently picked up a 2006 golden eagle. It is a true golden eagle, I ran the vin to get the build sheet. It was a factory no hood decal. I still have the original wheels in great shape. I bought the jeep because the frame and body are in amazing shape for the age. There is no rust or damage that I can find with the exception of some super mild surface rust on bumper mounts. Interior appears to be all original and in great shape. It's a 4.0 6 speed manual. Has a 4 inch suspension lift that appears to have been professionally installed, it looks to have been done right. Jeep is higher mileage (200k) but runs and drives really well. Trying to get an idea of what it is worth. I am not trying to sell, I just would like to have an idea of what it is worth. I understand that the golden eagle package is an appearance package but being around classics my entire life I know that low production numbers tend to make things a little more collectible. Thanks so much for any input. Sorry for lack of photos, can upload more if needed.

View attachment 360503

View attachment 360504

View attachment 360505

It's worth what someone will pay for it. List it high. Wait. If no one buys it lower the price. Wait. If no one buys it lower the price. If you aren't willing to sell at the lower price, don't.

It's worth what someone will pay for it. List it high. Wait. If no one buys it lower the price. Wait. If no one buys it lower the price. If you aren't willing to sell at the lower price, don't.

Your point is clear.

But there should be some thought put into that approach before executing it. It raises a red flag IMO. Now to the trained eye, they’ll see right through it. Perspective vs reality, the two are not the same.

in respects to a buyer’s perspective if they see a Wrangler listed, relisted, relisted again and the price is gwtting lower and lower each time, are they starting to wonder what’s so wrong with it? Again, someone who knows what to look for, will see the reasoning. But rhe right eye probably already has a TJ/LJ and isnt buying another one.

Reactions: TheBoogieman
in general, the Rubicon brings the most and adds 20-50 percent depending on condition (or more) , the Sahara is next,
RM and GE editions have Dana 44 rear axles and 3.73 gears stock. Sahara doesn't and even has crap 3.07 gears in some. I rate the Sahara lower for resale. Just an opinion. :unsure:

Last edited:
RM and GE editions have Dana 44 rear axles and 3.73 gears stock. Sahara doesn't and even has crap 3.07 gears in some. I rate the Sahara lower for resale. Just an opinion. :unsure:

I follow you- It may just be the abundance of them that makes me think they are more popular.

Reactions: TheBoogieman
Your point is clear.

But there should be some thought put into that approach before executing it. It raises a red flag IMO. Now to the trained eye, they’ll see right through it. Perspective vs reality, the two are not the same.

in respects to a buyer’s perspective if they see a Wrangler listed, relisted, relisted again and the price is gwtting lower and lower each time, are they starting to wonder what’s so wrong with it? Again, someone who knows what to look for, will see the reasoning. But rhe right eye probably already has a TJ/LJ and isnt buying another one.

Everything you say is so true.(y)

10-12k would be my start for the high end. But that ship may have sailed as the used market has slowed down a bit in the last few months. It really comes down to what the frame and skid mounts look like. This is where the true value of a TJ is found.

The milage really kills it, regardless of how reliable the 4.0L is

The golden eagle doesn't add any value to the average TJ buyer. The Dana 44 rear adds a couple hundred bucks for sure. However, a buyer who really wants to have a golden eagle might pay a little extra, but I wouldn't ask for more just because it’s a golden eagle. Its just seat covers and wheels (which can be hard to find out in the wild like ebay/facebook/craigslist.)

I appreciate the response and am sorry for the delay, been really busy with work. I fortunately bought the jeep for the body and frame. The seller was asking a super reasonable price and he didn't even mention the golden eagle package in his listing. He knew the jeep needed some work so he reflected it in his price. I'm currently in the middle of doing an ax15 swap (bought a new one from NOVAK and the bellhousing from advanced adapters). I plan on pulling the lift kit that's on it and putting a higher quality slightly lower lift. It's a fun project and I'm in it cheap Enough that if I ever decide to sell I shouldn't have a problem getting my money back out of it.

Only extra value I see is being able to thump your chest and say you have a unicorn. In my opinion any extra value was lost when it was modified.

2,621 Built
Golden Eagle - 2006 only
* 4.0L I-6 engine
* Dana 44 rear axle
* Golden Eagle hood, fender, and spare tire decals/logos
* Painted instrument panel accents
* Two-tone premium seats with Golden Eagle logos
* 30" tires with 15" gold finished Ravine wheels

Thanks so much for the response. The seller fortunately had it priced for a really good deal knowing it needed some work. He was smart enough to keep all factory parts including wheels so I still have everything. Im in the middle of doing an ax15 swap (got a new unit from NOVAK). It should be a fun project. I learned that the hood decal was optional on the golden eagle package. This one was a factory no hood decal. Thank again.

Reactions: bucky