Oregon PNW Jeeps 4 Tillamook - 6/20

Added to Calendar: 06-20-20

It’s the weekend before we head to Montana for a week and go exploring. BUT, I’m tentatively in. I might be able to get things ready and still go.
You know I’m from Montana right? Depending on where your going, I could give you guys some of my hidden gem spots if your interested.

What trails do people wanna run? Doing both Cedar Tree and Firebreak Five will be an all day event.

There are also like 20 other Jeep trails there not on the badge of honor list too. Just an FYI.

What trails do people wanna run? Doing both Cedar Tree and Firebreak Five will be an all day event.

There are also like 20 other Jeep trails there not on the badge of honor list too. Just an FYI.

I’m down for both but if there are other trails that are better I’m all about it! I just want the full experience from Tillamook even if it means hanging out for another day!

Reactions: Rick Flair
You know I’m from Montana right? Depending on where your going, I could give you guys some of my hidden gem spots if your interested.

Sure! We are spending 3 days in Phillips burg with friends then on our own for 4 days.

Reactions: EJD
I’m down for both but if there are other trails that are better I’m all about it! I just want the full experience from Tillamook even if it means hanging out for another day!
Well you won’t get the full experience without a half day in the sand dunes on the beach 😉

Sorry I have to advocate for the coast dunes as it’s my backyard and there’s not much else out there like it.

The tillamook jeep jamboree starts in the forest and ends at the dunes. Feel like doing a half day of each? With some good food in between?

Well you won’t get the full experience without a half day in the sand dunes on the beach 😉

Sorry I have to advocate for the coast dunes as it’s my backyard and there’s not much else out there like it.

The tillamook jeep jamboree starts in the forest and ends at the dunes. Feel like doing a half day of each? With some good food in between?
100% down!

If anyone is going saturday the 27th Im still going to be going, would be fun to wheel with someone else. I havnt been there in years.

For me personally, the earlier the better. Its light out at 0500 these days and I’m casually up by 6 or so on any given day. The forest will also get busy too as tourism starts back up.

We’re you thinking of half day at the dunes as well? Or just a day in the forest?

Early is fine with me, and finishing out the day at the dues would be awesome. Last time I met EJD at the forestry station which was a bit past Brows for me, and that seemed to work out well, or there is the lot where we aired down. That may work too, but could be a bit busy.

Tillamook Forest Center: https://goo.gl/maps/Lbg6mMfxcDRbDPow7

Air down spot (I think): https://goo.gl/maps/29AFyvxWERxC1xyf6

Last edited:
For me personally, the earlier the better. Its light out at 0500 these days and I’m casually up by 6 or so on any given day. The forest will also get busy too as tourism starts back up.

We’re you thinking of half day at the dunes as well? Or just a day in the forest?

I’m good with early, I’m about an hour and a half away coming from Salem. And I’m up for a half and half!

Since the tillamook forest center is closed, so is the parking lot there. Usually when I meet people we can all meet up at the start of Beaver Dam Rd. Which is what you turn onto from HWY 6. You 2 could meet at the shell gas station in Banks which is the last fuel spot before the forest, then drive to beaver dam rd and I’ll meet you there. If that works lemme know.

Also just a reminder, the Oregon class 2 atv permit is required for both places ( sheriff’s will be out patrolling the forest with tourism picking up) please get permits for those who do not have one.

Other than that, I’m up for meeting anytime that works for others. But if it were up to me ide be out there by 7-8am. I’m also an over an hour away on the coast. I’ll leave early. Lemme know!

Any of the Corvallis/Albany guys in?

PS: Sand Lake dunes are not opening this week as planned, the county pushed it out to the 25th now. Apparently they’re expecting “the masses” to be there so they’re having to rearrange things... so maybe next weekend for that!

Last edited:
Where do you get a flag/wip locally? Who sells them?
Any atv store would sell them if there’s one local to you I would check it out, also the “Sand Lake Grocery” right outside of the dunes sells them but they could sell out with all the traffic they’re expecting too. I got mine there.

The flag has to be 9ft above the ground if that matters on your mounting location and the length of the flag you buy. You did see my edited post about the dunes not opening this week though right?

Any atv store would sell them if there’s one local to you I would check it out, also the “Sand Lake Grocery” right outside of the dunes sells them but they could sell out with all the traffic they’re expecting too. I got mine there.

The flag has to be 9ft above the ground if that matters on your mounting location and the length of the flag you buy. You did see my edited post about the dunes not opening this week though right?

Thanks I saw that. Guess that buys me some time.

Here is the Shell station in Banks: https://goo.gl/maps/4JmxvLbEfDfJaiHU7

Here is the entrance to Beaver Dam Rd: https://goo.gl/maps/xbw7qAQpCM1hzKPP6

Google shows about 20 minutes from Shell to Beaver Dam Road, so if we want to meet at Shell it puts us there about 8am.

Anyone want to meet at the Shell about 7:30?

Reactions: Sgt Jarhead