Oregon PNW Jeeps 4 Tillamook - 6/20

Since the tillamook forest center is closed, so is the parking lot there. Usually when I meet people we can all meet up at the start of Beaver Dam Rd. Which is what you turn onto from HWY 6. You 2 could meet at the shell gas station in Banks which is the last fuel spot before the forest, then drive to beaver dam rd and I’ll meet you there. If that works lemme know.

Also just a reminder, the Oregon class 2 atv permit is required for both places ( sheriff’s will be out patrolling the forest with tourism picking up) please get permits for those who do not have one.

Other than that, I’m up for meeting anytime that works for others. But if it were up to me ide be out there by 7-8am. I’m also an over an hour away on the coast. I’ll leave early. Lemme know!

Any of the Corvallis/Albany guys in?

PS: Sand Lake dunes are not opening this week as planned, the county pushed it out to the 25th now. Apparently they’re expecting “the masses” to be there so they’re having to rearrange things... so maybe next weekend for that!

Sounds good to me for 7:30am. I’ll have to fill up anyways so Shell it is then can head over to Beaver Dam Rd.

Reactions: gbirk
I can meet you at the gas station by 7:30am and push to the meet up location by 8am

I am open for earlier if you want. Whatever works for everyone. I am in Tigard, so I have about 1/2 the travel time as you do.

Looks like rain tomorrow too guys, that will add another level of difficulty to those badge trails!

Tell me about it, I had tube doors on and top down! We’ll see though things change rapidly here.

Reactions: Sgt Jarhead
Have fun tomorrow you guys. I can't wait to see the photos. You all should con @EJD into taking some ROTM photos for you guys. He clearly has the eye for it.

Have fun tomorrow you guys. I can't wait to see the photos. You all should con @EJD into taking some ROTM photos for you guys. He clearly has the eye for it.
Got some killer shots of @Sicairos49 ripping up Firebreak Five! (Which I still have to send him) 😉

Have fun! Be safe, maybe we'll see some of you next weekend!
Next weekend the loose plan is to rally at the dunes in Sand Lake if you want to join us!

Reactions: Alex01
Figure I should update with a pic for the thread here too, most other pics will be posted in the badge trail thread.

2429EA18-C384-4BA1-88C7-0C034E43FB2E.jpeg

Fuel pump and other parts have been ordered for when I drop the tank to fix my fuel line. Estimated delivery is Thursday. Hopefully that gives me time to get the work done before Saturday and I can still make it to the dunes with your guys.

Reactions: EJD
Fuel pump and other parts have been ordered for when I drop the tank to fix my fuel line. Estimated delivery is Thursday. Hopefully that gives me time to get the work done before Saturday and I can still make it to the dunes with your guys.
Good call on the fuel pump too while your at it! When I did mine, I dropped the tank the day before the parts arrived to break up the job, hope it all works out good for you!

If you can, you may want to hit the gas tank skid bolts with a liquid wrench the day before if possible, that helped a bit too.

Reactions: gbirk
Trackbar is fixed. Gas tank is out and fuel pump is scheduled to arrive today. I am heading to the ATV shop today to try to get a flag.

Is Sand lake still a go for Saturday?

Reactions: Sgt Jarhead and EJD
Fuel pump is in (and working)! Lets set up something at Sand Lake for Saturday. It is about 2 hours for me, so I could meet there about 8am on Saturday.

Reactions: Sgt Jarhead