PNW winter weather prognostication

Boy, oh boy, I do so hope you are wrong. But if you are correct I hope they get a better handle on the forecasting this time around. Real crap shoot last year.

B
The local weather professionals have become really dependant on computer models in the last 10 years or so. I wonder sometimes if they even stick their heads out the window. Who knows what's really going to happen, but guessing the weather is kinda fun!

Reactions: Chris
More importantly, think about where you are and plan accordingly. It's not rocket surgery. If you are having trouble getting up and down the hill in normal circumstances, what do think could possibly happen when the weather gets a little iffy? Maybe get a crappy old Ford truck and park it behind your half million + dollar horse barn just on the off chance that you might need a little ground clearance at some point? Folks like that piss me off as much as the panicky snowflakes do. At least make a half assed attempt to help yourself.

Of course, I may be looking at this all wrong. Just maybe total infantile dependency is actually a perfect response to life. I would hate to be missing out, and all.

If I owned land on a hill, I would see it as an opportunity to buy a 4 wheel drive tractor. Plow your own roads and just imagine all the projects that could be done. My father has owned two diesel Kubotas and one Diesel John Deere for his few acres of heaven and they are the most useful tool to have. Mower deck, snow auger, bucket, forks. Great for landscaping, firewood, you name it.

Reactions: StG58 and Chris
If I owned land on a hill, I would see it as an opportunity to buy a 4 wheel drive tractor. Plow your own roads and just imagine all the projects that could be done. My father has owned two diesel Kubotas and one Diesel John Deere for his few acres of heaven and they are the most useful tool to have. Mower deck, snow auger, bucket, forks. Great for landscaping, firewood, you name it.
The person I work with has a 4x diesel Kubota with a bucket, cycle bar, post hole attachment and a big rototiller. Unfortunately, it is too big for her to handle, fortunately it's just the perfect size for my needs. It's even big enough to run a hay baler! Unfortunately, every time she makes noises about selling it, and I make a swoop in to buy it, she changes her mind. Those 4x4 John Deer (Made by Yanmar) and Kubota tractors are just way too useful.

Reactions: UpperMI