PNWBrian's 2003 Jeep Wrangler X

PNWBrian

I'm in the process of buying this vehicle from family members living in Las Vegas. I'm personally new to Jeeps and off roading, though I've spent a fair amount of time outdoors hiking, camping, and backpacking. Over the holiday's I had the chance to drive this jeep and it was a lot of fun. Spent a little time driving on some dirt roads and some unmaintained roads in the Red Rock canyon area. My kids and I loved it and are looking forward to getting it to our home here in WA state.

This jeep belonged to my wife's brother, who was also my friend and occasional backpacking partner. Unfortunately he passed away a few years ago way too young. His father has had it and been using it a little to make sure it wasn't sitting too much. My in-laws were ready to let it go and sell it as they have a cross country move planned. My wife and I decided it needed to stay in the family and purchase it from them.

While it ran great for me, it'll need some work (A/C and speedometer didn't work, mileage was at 105k, but may not have been registering correctly so is likely a bit higher). It also has already had some upgrades done to it so I'm not starting from scratch. As I'm new to this, I'll likely be back here asking questions and advice. Thanks!

Here's the Jeep (and my kids enjoying it):

IMG_20181230_154807.jpg
MVIMG_20181230_081949.jpg
IMG_20181230_081932.jpg
IMG_20181226_163731.jpg

Last edited:
Welcome from the PNW as well (Salem, Oregon). You join the ranks of many of us here from the PNW, that's for sure.

That's a very nice looking TJ, and looks to be very well kept as well.

Reactions: PNWBrian
I think its great that you and your wife decided to keep the jeep in the family. On the same note, I'm very sorry to hear about your brother in law and his early passing. Your family deciding to continue keeping it in the family is a great tribute to him.

Hey, I’m a new member as well from Seattle. Once you get it all ready I would Love to organize a ride or two. Maybe some orher folks from the Seattle would won’t to join and know some cool spots.

The Jeep made it here in 27 hours from the time it was picked up. We've been enjoying it and cleaning it up a bit. Now if FedEx would find my missing shipment that has my title and the keys to the glove box and lock box... The stereo face, current registration, and key to the spare tire are in the lockbox.
IMG_20190120_152719.jpg

Reactions: Boltsoul
Hey, I’m a new member as well from Seattle. Once you get it all ready I would Love to organize a ride or two. Maybe some orher folks from the Seattle would won’t to join and know some cool spots.
Definately. I need to get it to a shop for a thorough once over, though it's been doing OK so far. I'm also a newbie to offroading, so I need a good starter ride.

Reactions: Boltsoul
Definately. I need to get it to a shop for a thorough once over, though it's been doing OK so far. I'm also a newbie to offroading, so I need a good starter ride.
I hear You, same here. I would strongly recommend Northwest Percormance and Off-road in Everett. I know that’s a little far from you but Scott, the owner is a great guy that specializes in Jeeps.( he drives a TJ as well). Great, knowledgeable service and will give you a great price too.

I hear You, same here. I would strongly recommend Northwest Percormance and Off-road in Everett. I know that’s a little far from you but Scott, the owner is a great guy that specializes in Jeeps.( he drives a TJ as well). Great, knowledgeable service and will give you a great price too.
I'll check it out. I also saw another recommendation for Auburn Car Repair and Off road. Their yelp reviews looked good and they are close. But it's good to have options.

For sure, if you end up using Scott at NW Performance and off-road you will not be disappointed. You will save a little bit of money too. They’re great.

The Jeep made it here in 27 hours from the time it was picked up. We've been enjoying it and cleaning it up a bit. Now if FedEx would find my missing shipment that has my title and the keys to the glove box and lock box... The stereo face, current registration, and key to the spare tire are in the lockbox.View attachment 73403
Congratulations!! Looks great, glad to see the basket on the lift didn’t bounce off the hood. Enjoy it!