• Currie w/ 1/2" housing bolt

Votes: 31 77.5%
  • Other, post below.

Votes: 1 2.5%

• Total voters

JamesAndTheSahara

TJ Addict
Supporting Member
I only have a finite about of money for trackbars. I am lifting the jeep 2.5" (OME HD) and am going to need trackbars. From what I understand I should be ok with just a front trackbar. I have $400 for trackbars, I can buy the front and rear trackbar from Metalcloak or buy the 1/2" Currie trackbar (just the front, I'll get the rear in the future) and just use the ome relocation bracket for the rear trackbar. I am using mainly ome and savvy components on the jeep and kind of want the best of the best for the money. Any owners or naysayers of either trackbar please feel free to chime in. Making this purchase in just a day or so.

I have MC front trackbar paired with my 2.5"OME and the OME rear relocation bracket. Solved my problem of front shifted axle and has great clearance around the differential. Durotrac bushings don't need any maintenance either and can be replaced if needed. At $179 it was unbeatable and on a holiday free s/h. Of course, great customer service as always from MC

Reactions: JamesAndTheSahara
I believe the Currie to make the best quality track bars, that's what I voted for.

X2. I own both the Currie front and rear, and these things are beefy as hell. They also don't have the heim joint end (like the MC track bar does) which seems to be a known weak point, that many have found fails prematurely.

I have 2" BDS springs and I installed their adjustable track bars both front and rear. They are well built. The track bars have a lifetime warranty and the ends are rebuildable.

@Chris has explained it before but you can't exactly post links from another forums they get blocked out or something. The discussion was labeled "Opinions on track bar: Savvy vs metal cloak" on JF. Its nearly 39 pages long, but some good points nevertheless.
Yep, any link pointing to a good or useful tech article on a different Jeep forum is censored out.

Reactions: JamesAndTheSahara
Good to know.

FYI, I did that because those a$$hats at JF and WF blocked this forum. They started some war with me (I don't know why), where if you post a link to this site on their forum, it's censored out. So, I did it right back to them.

The guys who run those forums are a corporation who owns tons of internet forums. I just refer to them as corporate a$$holes. Starting a war for no reason... pshhhh.

How much is the Currie? I just recall not wanting to spend that much on a trackbar. If your wallet can afford it go for it, if not, it's a trackbar, really.

How much is the Currie? I just recall not wanting to spend that much on a trackbar. If your wallet can afford it go for it, if not, it's a trackbar, really.
Even though its just a track bar, if the joint fails then the derived problems can't be quite annoying - IE Death Wobble. The Currie Track Bar (CE-9120TJJ) was purchased from Morris 4x4 was $330.45 after the "America" discount code for the 4th of July. The MetalCloak was probably going to be fine, but when I opened my wallet for this build, and cash started hemorrhaging from me I decided if its just $150.00 more for one with a greasable joint, I would prefer that way. At the end of the day it was a decision I felt would be best for me, knowing how JJ's function I felt it was the best of both worlds on and offroad.

Reactions: JMT
M
Even though its just a track bar, if the joint fails then the derived problems can't be quite annoying - IE Death Wobble. The Currie Track Bar (CE-9120TJJ) was purchased from Morris 4x4 was $330.45 after the "America" discount code for the 4th of July. The MetalCloak was probably going to be fine, but when I opened my wallet for this build, and cash started hemorrhaging from me I decided if its just $150.00 more for one with a greasable joint, I would prefer that way. At the end of the day it was a decision I felt would be best for me, knowing how JJ's function I felt it was the best of both worlds on and offroad.
maybe your research is up to date!? But I don't think the new MC joint is having those problems. I could be wrong though. I respect your reasoning though

M

maybe your research is up to date!? But I don't think the new MC joint is having those problems. I could be wrong though. I respect your reasoning though
It came down to going with a "newer" vs something with a proven track record. I respect MetalCloak as a company but the Durotrak/Duroflex joints didn't convince me with a no maintenance claim.

Reactions: JMT
Interesting that companies always try some "super joint" when the stock track bar rubber bushings last 100k miles or more. I get that they are trying to add movement but seemingly at the expense of reliability. You really don't want the trackbar to break driving down the hwy. That would make for a wild ride:eek:

Why all the hate on the MC track bar. I have it, and no problems, it's solid. What happened to someone once?

There is a general disdain for all things Metalcloak on this forum, much like Jeep Forum. I'll let you connect the dots.

Reactions: FTI76