Poly Performance tower cuts for front 11" remote reservoir Fox shocks

@mrblaine do you have a source for longer spacers for the shocks. My shocks came with .375” and I need .500” to fit the mounts. I looked at McMaster but didn’t see any.

Poly, Full Stack, Alltech, and a few others have them. I always just have Poly drop them in with the towers if I find myself in need.

Reactions: NskLJ
@mrblaine do you have a source for longer spacers for the shocks. My shocks came with .375” and I need .500” to fit the mounts. I looked at McMaster but didn’t see any.

If it helps, the Fox part number is 213-18-009-A.

Reactions: NskLJ
A big thanks to @mrblaine , I followed his directions and have both fronts installed with exactly 5.5" of up @ ride height. Took it for a test drive tonight and wow.. washboarded dirt roads at any sane speed are very inconsequential and speedbumps / railroad crossings are very controlled and fun.. @pcoplin the tune seems just right! I plan to install a swayloc in the coming weeks to improve the onroad manners even more.

A big thanks to @mrblaine , I followed his directions and have both fronts installed with exactly 5.5" of up @ ride height. Took it for a test drive tonight and wow.. washboarded dirt roads at any sane speed are very inconsequential and speedbumps / railroad crossings are very controlled and fun.. @pcoplin the tune seems just right! I plan to install a swayloc in the coming weeks to improve the onroad manners even more.

Pics?

Reactions: Brianj5600
Cut one of my towers today:

IMG_4571 Large.jpeg

IMG_4573 Large.jpeg

What are the criteria for shock placement, other than just making it fit without hitting anything? You want them completely vertical at ride height, both in therms of camber and caster (for lack of better words)?

Cut one of my towers today:

View attachment 411491

View attachment 411492

What are the criteria for shock placement, other than just making it fit without hitting anything? You want them completely vertical at ride height, both in therms of camber and caster (for lack of better words)?
[/
Shock vertical at ride height. As Blane stated the upper shock tower in line with the hole in the fender. I measured forward to the core support and in to the alt bracket on the right side and the exhaust tube on the left. I’m reall happy with the way the right side turned out. ( I just have to finish welding )

72BB83F8-446B-4CEA-B36F-A610DF343097.jpeg

Reactions: carrotman
Why are y’all removing the stock towers and using poly performance to get <1/2”? I’ve got 10.7” travel shocks with good travel bias on stock towers. Can’t you just modify the stock tower easier? I’m really asking out of ignorance.

Why are y’all removing the stock towers and using poly performance to get <1/2”? I’ve got 10.7” travel shocks with good travel bias on stock towers. Can’t you just modify the stock tower easier? I’m really asking out of ignorance.

The big reason for me was eyelet vs stud (see Garrett's thread), also extending/altering the stock towers is within the same ballpark of work with arguably better packaging unless you have an old tower around to upcycle into your existing towers.

Reactions: JMT and NskLJ

To get a tunable shock in there.

Reactions: JMT