Poor Rubicon

Are there palm trees anywhere in Canada? (serious question)

If they have them here in Oregon, you can be assured someone has put them somewhere in Canada... Likely in a McDonald's parking lot.

Are there palm trees anywhere in Canada? (serious question)
There are palm trees in Vancouver B.C.

5207576717_b129c2847c_b.jpg

Reactions: Boinked and Chris
Ugh... I see it didn't take them long to start destroying the JLs.

I say this all the time and I'll say it again... It's ALWAYS the 4-doors. Real pimp wagons I tell ya!

Wonder whose "landlord" he is?

Right, still love the JL’s, obviously not like this but I hope people build them a little more into the right direction than the JKs were taken

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: tomtaylz
Right, still love the JL’s, obviously not like this but I hope people build them a little more into the right direction than the JKs were taken

Oh they will, it will just be the 2 door versions. The 4 door versions always seem to be the pimped out ones.

Reactions: Nicholas
Was at an event this weekend where 3 JLs showed up to wheel. One belongs to an event sponsor (trail fx I think, I have to check the soft shackles I won) one belongs to a local shop, and the last one was owned by a participant. All 3 got wheeled hard, so real ones are out there.

There must have been a time
when we could have said no.

I still want to slap the guy who thinks the heat vent behind the front fenders was a good idea.

This is how it went.

"How can we stop people from removing the door?"

"Lets put the vent right next to it so the hot air from the engine starts going in the open door"

Reactions: Chris
I plan to take a bunch of pics this coming weekend (see https://wranglertjforum.com/threads/toledo-jeep-fest.12652/). I'll update the thread after the weekend is done and provide a link to Google photos for a slideshow.

It will be interesting to see what types of mods all the Jeeps have and what state they are from etc. Around here, the JKU's and JLU's I see are mostly stock or tastefully done (larger tires, more aggressive wheels, and maybe an upgraded front bumper with a winch), but I have seen a few fugly ones too (at least in my opinion!).

Man but wouldn’t it be nice to have the 2 door rubicon in your hands for a day and see how things really have changed

I would certainly drive one for a day just to test out, of course.

Reactions: Nicholas
I would certainly drive one for a day just to test out, of course.

Which for you includes slipping it into 4 low, sending it up some Honda sizes boulders, maybe flipping it, but that’s okay not like it’s a new Jeep, then driving through mud holes, then returning it nice and broken in

Reactions: Chris
I still want to slap the guy who thinks the heat vent behind the front fenders was a good idea.

This is how it went.

"How can we stop people from removing the door?"

"Lets put the vent right next to it so the hot air from the engine starts going in the open door"
Or get rid of the door strap and replace it with a multi position detent like most cars, and hide the wireing plug behind the kick panels where they have to be removed before you can unplug it.

Or get rid of the door strap and replace it with a multi position detent like most cars, and hide the wireing plug behind the kick panels where they have to be removed before you can unplug it.

That’s sad, they really are sucking the life out of it :( When my son (13yr old) and I were looking for a Jeep that’s all he could talk about is how you can just pull the doors off and ride around. He couldn’t hardly stand the 2hr ride back home because I told him we couldn’t take the doors off until we got home....he wanted to just lay them in the back somehow lol. Hell had it been up to him we could have just left them on the side of the road somewhere lol.

That’s one of the most iconic aspects of a Jeep. I know they want to modernize it to attract all the soccer moms and make some $....but they need to keep some of the iconic things like how you can just pull the doors right off.

They did make it easier to fold the windshield down... Except for when wheeling the frame stays up without the glass so it can still hit all the trees ;)

I may start a thread ...are we the last holdout of the 4.0, the vertical front grill and overall late century styling ?

I could have had a base JK for what I spent on this 03

I don't like the angled grill or the slant in the jk door .

Why do I like this tj so much?

Reminds me of being 20 again and having my 84 cj -7 it seems .