Porsche Driving Experience

2002 tii FTW!
I once spent an entire summer trying to get the mechanical fuel injection pump tuned on mine, I was pulling my hair out. I finally found a guy in San Francisco who worked for Bosch in Germany back in the day and had somehow ended up with and a bench full of parts and the machine used to set them up at the factory. He charged about $300 to set my pump up, it ran like a top from there on out.

Reactions: Zorba
This is the Touring that we worked on for my wife. She saw how much fun we were having and wanted to join in.

View attachment 283595

Ahh the good old days. Great times!
That touring is beautiful. I always wanted one of those as a DD. I sat is a couple, but at 6'8" my head always rubbed the headliner, so it was not comfortable. Probably could have had an upholstery shop shave some foam from the seats, but never found the right car.

I had a 97 Z3 for several years and loved it. Pretty easy to work on and a blast to drive. I always loved the wide hips.

I did a few track days with it before they required a roll bar, and we always went with the local Porsche club because the people in the BMW club were dicks. As long as you were an SCCA member the Porsche people were happy to have you drive with them.

1634307939956.png

So sad to see a nice car on fire.
Yeah. That sucked. Got a great deal on a 630CSi, needed a bit of work. Towed it back to my house, spent all winter replacing the suspension, carpet & interior bits. Got that all done, set the timing, changed basic maintenance items & took it out for a shakedown. I filled it up with gas, went out near the bomb range on roads that have no traffic to see how it felt. Smelled gas, blamed it on the fact that it was old & I had just filled it up... Kept driving & then smelled burning rubber/plastic.

Pulled over, didn't see any smoke, popped the hood & a few seconds later it went up. Ran across the street & waited for the fire dept.

Dunno what it was, but after everything was put out I looked around & saw that the hard line for the fuel tank ended at the bottom of the frame where it turned into a rubber flex line. Once that line burned the tank continued to empty itself via gravity.

Hagerty covered it without question, so there's that.