Portland thieves jacked my truck

The air tags work well. My sister had her ford edge broken into a few months ago. Shattered the passenger window and grabbed a pair of airpods in the cupholder. The airpods had the "find my airpod" feature and she tracked them to an apartment nearby. She was able to pin them to the exact apartment # and she changed the name of her airpods to "I know where you live clown🤡". She even wrote a nasty message on the front door. She was staked outside the complex and left her phone on to keep tracking the airpods and they moved thru the back of the apartment complex. She kept on them and eventually she tracked the guy to a pawn shop where the owner said she just missed him by a few minutes. The thief had to fill out all his info to pawn the airpods so stupidly, he left the address that she was able to confirm. She got the cops involved and the cop told her he was definitely going down to knock on his door. Not sure what happened after that because the cop never called her back (if he even went there).

The air tags work well. My sister had her ford edge broken into a few months ago. Shattered the passenger window and grabbed a pair of airpods in the cupholder. The airpods had the "find my airpod" feature and she tracked them to an apartment nearby. She was able to pin them to the exact apartment # and she changed the name of her airpods to "I know where you live clown🤡". She even wrote a nasty message on the front door. She was staked outside the complex and left her phone on to keep tracking the airpods and they moved thru the back of the apartment complex. She kept on them and eventually she tracked the guy to a pawn shop where the owner said she just missed him by a few minutes. The thief had to fill out all his info to pawn the airpods so stupidly, he left the address that she was able to confirm. She got the cops involved and the cop told her he was definitely going down to knock on his door. Not sure what happened after that because the cop never called her back (if he even went there).

It’s situations like this that make people take matters into their own hands.

Not saying everyone should be shot like that truck thief, but if the cops won’t do anything when you have absolute proof, then I agree with vigilante justice. 😉

Reactions: tworley
The reason horse and cattle thieves were hanged is it took away the livelyhood of the person and could have caused their death over the winter.

As the economy crashes, this might be the case again. Theft will once again be elevated as a crime.

And if the police won't do anything more than hand out speeding tickets, I agree with defunding them to let communities police themselves.

I've gotten to the point of interacting with the police as little as possible. You never know what you'll get with them. But more often lately they will treat the victim(s) worse than the criminal.

I'll back the blue again when the "justice" system stops being political and goes back to doing what's right.

Things like charging the guy in NYC for taking a gun from a criminal after being shot, shooting the criminal, and getting charged with attempted murder is asinine. And causes people to lose faith in the system.

Last edited:
Maybe some device that can lock around the output shaft u-joint, and brace it to the frame or axle? At your house, you could do some retractable chains (similar to auto body shops use to pull frames) recessed into the cement driveway, and use tank chains around the axle to prevent drive offs, and tow offs.

Back in the '60s my dad would park his car on a steel grid, and connect the grid and car to high voltage. I like the electric fence transformer, an ignition coil could be rigged to do the same too.

Back in HS a friend had a head unit stolen out of his car, when he replaced it, he glued razor blades on the back of the new unit... next thief left some blood type and DNA clues behind...

Maybe some device that can lock around the output shaft u-joint, and brace it to the frame or axle? At your house, you could do some retractable chains (similar to auto body shops use to pull frames) recessed into the cement driveway, and use tank chains around the axle to prevent drive offs, and tow offs.

Back in the '60s my dad would park his car on a steel grid, and connect the grid and car to high voltage. I like the electric fence transformer, an ignition coil could be rigged to do the same too.

Back in HS a friend had a head unit stolen out of his car, when he replaced it, he glued razor blades on the back of the new unit... next thief left some blood type and DNA clues behind...

My family used to own a liquor store (old school small town general store, really) while I was growing up. The back/delivery door was metal and set back in a bit of an alcove on the side of the building. During the winter, occasionally some vagrants would huddle there to stay warm and dry and my dad told them that as long as they weren't there during the daylight hours and didn't make a mess, they could get out of the weather and and we'd all get along.

One day, he arrived to find one of them pissing on the door. He didn't say anything, but went inside, pulled a 6v battery off the shelf and hooked it up to the door from the inside. A couple of hours later we were treated to screaming and shrieking outside the back door. Dad unlocked and opened the door to find the guy rolling around in fetal position holding 'himself' in agony. That ended the issue quickly.

The reason horse and cattle thieves were hanged is it took away the livelyhood of the person and could have caused their death over the winter.

As the economy crashes, this might be the case again. Theft will once again be elevated as a crime.

And if the police won't do anything more than hand out speeding tickets, I agree with defunding them to let communities police themselves.

I've gotten to the point of interacting with the police as little as possible. You never know what you'll get with them. But more often lately they will treat the victim(s) worse than the criminal.

I'll back the blue again when the "justice" system stops being political and goes back to doing what's right.

Things like charging the guy in NYC for taking a gun from a criminal after being shot, shooting the criminal, and getting charged with attempted murder is asinine. And causes people to lose faith in the system.

Don't make the mistake of thinking the police make the laws . they're just guys with a shitty job. Its everyones job to influence what laws are made and raise sane responsible children.if you aren't actively helping then YOU are the problem.

As a first responder i would never want them defunded. Its great when they show up to wrestle some crazy patient or shoot it out with a perp so we can go in and take care of people. Not something i want to do.
Vigilante justice is only as good as the group of pissed goobers and the information they have.not likely to be fair or accurate.