Portland thieves jacked my truck

B00mb00m

The Church of Cutting Brakes of Atlas-Front Digs
Supporting Member
Ride of the Month Winner
Mother fkin dirtbag mother fkers stole my shit right out of the lot next to the lobby. 1030pm.

PXL_20210430_142615312_exported_566.jpg

Rolls up on bicycle three minutes later drives away. Keys are in my pocket.

Did your truck have the remote start.. anti-theft.. electronic secirity...key fob stuff?

My wifes grand cherokee... with all the goodies listed above... was broken into in vegas. Lost a bunch of good tools.

I suspect... Now a days... thieves use the NFC/RFID on cell phones to gather electronic data.... i wonder if he captured your truck codes, then downloaded the "electronic key" from dark web or laptop.

Did your truck have the remote start.. anti-theft.. electronic secirity...key fob stuff?

My wifes grand cherokee... with all the goodies listed above... was broken into in vegas. Lost a bunch of good tools.

I suspect... Now a days... thieves use the NFC/RFID on cell phones to gather electronic data.... i wonder if he captured your truck codes, then downloaded the "electronic key" from dark web or laptop.

It's really shitty that an old style key and a damn "club" can be better protection against theft then all these modern day security systems we pay so much for on a new vehicle.

It just as a picture for me but I assume the F150?

This new keyless tech leads to some high tech car thieves to steal things easier. Especially if someone uses the whole door code and leave the key in the hidden spot on the truck.

Reactions: RobertJ
It just as a picture for me but I assume the F150?

This new keyless tech leads to some high tech car thieves to steal things easier. Especially if someone uses the whole door code and leave the key in the hidden spot on the truck.
No they left the nice new f150 they jacked my 2005 f250!

• Angry
Reactions: Rick Flair
Had some methhead try to relieve me of my '04 F250 in the Lodi Costco parking light in broad daylight, they popped the drivers side door lock with a screw driver but didn't get in

I had no idea they were so easy a crackhead could steal it in 3 minutes. Ya 6ohhh

Yeah it’s BS, but Fords are super easy to steal from that era.

Sucks because if you put the work into it, I know what it costs and the PITA it takes to make it solid.

It’s in Mexico.

Sorry man.

Reactions: B00mb00m
I'm not sure why they are easy to steal but there is something to it because it was daily seeing posts on facebook from people who had their ford pickups stolen.
Yes, Pman you are correct. In fact in Portland 37 F250/F350s were stolen just in March!! Apparently you can literally steal these trucks with a screwdriver.

https://www.portlandoregon.gov/police/74369
Good news is my truck was recovered. It was an ordeal but i got it towed the 214 miles to my house where it is awaiting an opening to get towed to mechanic to evaluate mechanical damage. BOdy damage was light (~$2500). Interior is nasty, stinks but hopefully a heavy clean will take care of it. Of course they stole all my shit. I got insurance cases open for truck and the stuff inside. We'll how long and how hard it is to get back up an running.

Looks like i will have to drive the jeep to the trail head with the peasants in the near term.... 😦