Portland thieves jacked my truck

Yeah it’s BS, but Fords are super easy to steal from that era.

Sucks because if you put the work into it, I know what it costs and the PITA it takes to make it solid.

It’s in Mexico.

Sorry man.
IN this area, they recover 90% of vehicles. Its all the dope heads putting in the hard work for their next high.

Back in the mid 80's Toyota trucks were EASY to steal. You could unlock them with a #2 pencil & one of the rags at the time even wrote a story on it. It was of course to sell a plate you put inside the door so they couldn't break in anymore.

Back in the mid 80's Toyota trucks were EASY to steal. You could unlock them with a #2 pencil & one of the rags at the time even wrote a story on it. It was of course to sell a plate you put inside the door so they couldn't break in anymore.
I will be adding some sort of ignition defeating device, its just too stupid easy to rip it open and start er up.

I will be adding some sort of ignition defeating device, its just too stupid easy to rip it open and start er up.

Why not see if that ignition interrupt that ORO sells for the TJ would work in your Ford? There use to be a write up on how to build your own. I'll see if I can find it.

Reactions: Rick Flair
If you look at those stats basically dont get a Honda, they blow out the competition every month.

Did your truck have the remote start.. anti-theft.. electronic secirity...key fob stuff?

My wifes grand cherokee... with all the goodies listed above... was broken into in vegas. Lost a bunch of good tools.

I suspect... Now a days... thieves use the NFC/RFID on cell phones to gather electronic data.... i wonder if he captured your truck codes, then downloaded the "electronic key" from dark web or laptop.
Not sure on how they got in but for ignition they just ripped off the key portion and used a screwdriver.

If you look at those stats basically dont get a Honda, they blow out the competition every month.

That isn't a problem for this redneck...

Of course back in the 80's I owned a Toyota truck.

Now if it isn't Dodge/Ram or Jeep it pretty much ain't going in my driveway. Well or Harley...

Shit I just remembered the bike I bought my daughter is a Honda....

Yes, Pman you are correct. In fact in Portland 37 F250/F350s were stolen just in March!! Apparently you can literally steal these trucks with a screwdriver.

https://www.portlandoregon.gov/police/74369
Good news is my truck was recovered. It was an ordeal but i got it towed the 214 miles to my house where it is awaiting an opening to get towed to mechanic to evaluate mechanical damage. BOdy damage was light (~$2500). Interior is nasty, stinks but hopefully a heavy clean will take care of it. Of course they stole all my shit. I got insurance cases open for truck and the stuff inside. We'll how long and how hard it is to get back up an running.

Looks like i will have to drive the jeep to the trail head with the peasants in the near term.... 😦

That's over 1 a day nice job Portland...curious where they found yours and what the situation was? My friends was stolen from his work and it was found sitting in a safeway parking lot an hour away

Yeah if the thing didn’t end up in Mexico, it was used for some robbery. Thieves love trucks cause they can haul the expensive stuff, tools, welders, etc. easy to pawn, most owners don’t have serial numbers written down and nobody pays for micro engraving on their tools, except tech schools or colleges.

Glad you got it back, hopefully it’s not totally lost.

Reactions: B00mb00m
Yup. It's easy. Our Jeeps have the same vulnerability.

I worked where we had a fleet of trucks all with "keyless ignition". Now that I think about it, maybe that's where all of those stolen trucks end up...? :unsure:

Yup. It's easy. Our Jeeps have the same vulnerability.

I worked where we had a fleet of trucks all with "keyless ignition". Now that I think about it, maybe that's where all of those stolen trucks end up...? :unsure:
Ordered a ORO magnetic kill switch for jeep. Not parking it anywhere till I get it installed. Thinking about doing the genright removable steering wheel too

Ordered a ORO magnetic kill switch for jeep. Not parking it anywhere till I get it installed. Thinking about doing the genright removable steering wheel too

I would love to swap my steering wheel, but no airbag has been a concern thus far.

Reactions: lBasket