Possible problems caused by a MML?

Guys sorry, I wasnt taking about vibes at idle. I am having some driveline vibes at low speeds such as 10-30 mph
I have an LJ, so its not a direct comparison. But, I had to drop my transfer case skid about 5/8" to get rid of a slight driveline vibe when I did a 4" lift. By installing the MML, I was able to eliminate the transfer case skid drop completely.

Reactions: TJim
So today I did the test.
Firstly, I added 8 x 3 mm washers in each bolt of the skid plate. I took it for a test drive. Vibes disappeared.
Second step, I removed half of the washers. This time I experienced some very minor vibes in one or two times, so I decided to add one more washer.

I ended up with 5 washers in each bolt, which I wrapped with a black tape, so they will be a little less noticeable while they are there.

So to recap:
  • After installing 2” OME light duty springs, I ended up with 3” front lift and 2.5” rear lift in my very light 4-cylinder.
  • Then, I experienced some driveline vibes, mostly around 10-30 mph.
  • I lowered the Transfer Case skid plate by using 5 x 3mm washers in each of the 6 bolts. (Total: around 0.6”)
  • My TJ has for now no vibes. I want to drive it more though in order to be sure.
My thought process is the following:
I really hate the idea of a lowered transfer case, but the cost of SYE, rear driveshaft, rear adjustable control arms is outrageous over here (think about 2-3 x times of what you pay in USA). So, I think for now I am okay with a minimal (0.6”) drop, so I can focus my budget towards a selectable locker instead. My goal ultimately is to do a tummy tuck some day, so I will need SYE etc in the future, but I believe locker should go first.

BD10089F-5367-4648-B49C-9186FE4FDD81.jpeg
07829DBF-9C36-445F-B752-1BFDBE31BC09.jpeg

Reactions: Sancho
They seemed to be okay, but Im not a mechanic. I will lower the TC in a few hours to test if the pinion angle is the problem

If your u-joints are worn the more angle you have the more stress they're under. (Vibes)

We talked about this before.

If you don't know the age and or condition of them...
Replace them and see what happens.

You may not need anything.

If your u-joints are worn the more angle you have the more stress they're under. (Vibes)

We talked about this before.

If you don't know the age and or condition of them...
Replace them and see what happens.

You may not need anything.
I know, and I appreciate your advices.

I am trying to upgrade/replace a lot of things, but budget is limited at the moment, so I am trying to plan the stuff I want to do in the correct order.

I will eventually replace the u joints, but:
1) I wanted to be 100% that this was the problem.
2) I want to replace the steering system and front brakes at the moment.

I'm thinking about it.

Any advantages of new engine mounts vs extensions/spacers for the stock engine mounts?

I'm leaning towards spacers.
I’m not sure but I believe i read in an older three that the spacer is preferred by many. I went with the mountain off road bomb proof with the clevite style bushing. I’m more than happy and my old mounts were clearly worn.

Reactions: TJim
@TJim

Not every ML will work without BL.
I mistakenly ordered 1" ML and could not raise motor high enough due to transmission pressing against the tub.
Depending on the ML, fan shroud may have to be raised.
Also, i have read about shifting stick having clearance issues with center console for some gears.

@TJim

Not every ML will work without BL.
I mistakenly ordered 1" ML and could not raise motor high enough due to transmission pressing against the tub.
Depending on the ML, fan shroud may have to be raised.
Also, i have read about shifting stick having clearance issues with center console for some gears.
Thanks for the tips, I will look into them.
good thing is I dont have a fan shroud, since 2.4l has an electric fan