Post Lift Alignment

When doing a toe alignment on a solid axle, all you care about is total toe. your initial total toe was not way off It was about 1/16” toe in. .30* is 1/8 toe in. The individual toe settings are going to change depending how straight the wheels are pointed.

When I used to work in a shop with a hunter alignment machine I would set total toe, turn the steering wheel so the individual toes were centered, then I would adjust the draglink until the steering wheel was straight. 99/100 times I was bang on and didn’t have to make any further draglink adjustments to get the steering wheel straight.

When doing a toe alignment on a solid axle, all you care about is total toe. your initial total toe was not way off It was about 1/16” toe in. .30* is 1/8 toe in. The individual toe settings are going to change depending how straight the wheels are pointed.

When I used to work in a shop with a hunter alignment machine I would set total toe, turn the steering wheel so the individual toes were centered, then I would adjust the draglink until the steering wheel was straight. 99/100 times I was bang on and didn’t have to make any further draglink adjustments to get the steering wheel straight.
Thanks, Lou. I totally understand what Goatman was telling me now. I was a bit concerned with the language the alignment tech used by saying my toe was way off and would have eaten up my tires. So the wheels may not have been perfectly pointed straight for the initial reading. Sounds like the pre alignment values match up with me setting toe to 1/16" inward before the alignment check. I was just trying to understand how I was getting different toe values for the left and right tire if they are connected by a tie rod but you guys expained it well. Thanks.

Yeah the tech was full of it to think .17* Toe would eat up your tires. 0 would be dead straight, is that going to eat up tires? No.

Reactions: Joey Jeepz