Post up your camping setups!

Let's see them!

Where's yours?

I'm sure this isn't considered camping but instead it's glamping, but this was my old setup. Glad I don't have it anymore, but it was nice.

IMG_4739.JPG

IMG_4747.JPG

IMG_4740.JPG

The NEW camping/glamping rig..... Can't wait to get out in it and do some camping.

20220629_180245.jpg

20220629_180314.jpg

20220629_180359.jpg

I can't find any pictures of any of my tent camping setups... I did use to I promise.

Last edited:
wife and I tried this thing a couple of times. It's roomy but it's not very convenient and I found that it's nearly impossible to not end up with water in the tent if it rains.

20180808_181251.jpg

I'm a fairly minimalist camper, so when I'm solo or in a group of dudes I use a 2 man backpacking tent...

IMG_3343.JPG

, or no tent at all (I wasn't camping in my garage here, just proving out the concept before the first time I tried it out). It works better with the LJ.

20200606_201253.jpg

I keep my non-refrigerated food, cookware and small camping stove (sometimes a woodburning solo stove, sometimes a single burner gas) in one big surplus 20mm ammo can. A plastic tub carries the rest of the camping gear, and then there's a cooler and a water tank. All of it fits in the back of a TJ with the rear seat taken out along with my toolbox, recovery gear bag, and air compressor case.

Reactions: MikekiM and Wildman
My set up changes often mainly based on who I'm going with or if I'm going alone. The type of trip also requires different things. My wife and I take our tear drop trailer. On my own I take my "expedition trailer" (kind of a dumb name) or I just take a Jeep. I take a tent if it's my LJ and usually nothing if it's my XJ as I can sleep in it.

Here are some random pics ...

19-08-05 2.JPG

DSC_0206.JPG

21-09-25 3.JPG

22-05-13 2.JPG

22-05-15 2.JPG

22-07-03 1.JPG

My set up changes often mainly based on who I'm going with or if I'm going alone. The type of trip also requires different things. My wife and I take our tear drop trailer. On my own I take my "expedition trailer" (kind of a dumb name) or I just take a Jeep. I take a tent if it's my LJ and usually nothing if it's my XJ as I can sleep in it.

Here are s

View attachment 344091
I've always been a big fan of those older Cherokee wheels.

Reactions: PCO6
I've always been a big fan of those older Cherokee wheels.

Me too! I have a set on my Comanche as well and a pair for my trailers (1 at a time). I'm looking for a few more. They're fairly hard to come by and are almost always in bad shape. I had mine restored by a wheel shop. Restoration is very labour intensive and the results aren't always good.

Me too! I have a set on my Comanche as well and a pair for my trailers (1 at a time). I'm looking for a few more. They're fairly hard to come by and are almost always in bad shape. I had mine restored by a wheel shop. Restoration is very labour intensive and the results aren't always good.

That spare looks like a museum piece! Love 'em.

Reactions: PCO6
  • Haha
Reactions: DWR