Post up your camping setups!

Per much the exact opposite of @psrivats

View attachment 351592

View attachment 351593

And just for @JMT. This is a friend of mine. They bought a brand new T@G teardrop. It’s really nice. Have towed it all over the state with the LJ.

View attachment 351594

LOL!

I love your motorhome dude, you have mad skills to restore it. It's a very nice way to travel and see the country.

That teardrop is very nice. Any inside shots of it? I can see myself doing that more than a motorhome.

Reactions: Mike_H and JMT
LOL!

I love your motorhome dude, you have mad skills to restore it. It's a very nice way to travel and see the country.

That teardrop is very nice. Any inside shots of it? I can see myself doing that more than a motorhome.

No, but they have the Tag XL with the boondock package and you can see the product page here...

https://nucamprv.com/tag-trailer

Saved this pic because the wagon (even though it has too many doors) 🙃

AAAGIc0.jpg

Reactions: Plumber1 and PCO6
Saved this pic because the wagon (even though it has too many doors) 🙃

View attachment 353718

I had a 2 dr. Falcon wagon as well. Mine was a 1963 and at the same time my Brother had a 1964 2 dr. wagon which of course was a newer body style. It was the early 1970s and we camped together with them a few times. For us, cars came and went often back then.

Reactions: CMBD
I had a 2 dr. Falcon wagon as well. Mine was a 1963 and at the same time my Brother had a 1964 2 dr. wagon which of course was a newer body style. It was the early 1970s and we camped together with them a few times. For us, cars came and went often back then.

My dad has a 1964 Falcon Sprint Convertible. Will have to get a pic of it. 289 auto triple black.

Reactions: PCO6 and Wildman
My dad has a 1964 Falcon Sprint Convertible. Will have to get a pic of it. 289 auto triple black.

I'd like to see that. The same Brother is still a Ford guy. Among others he has a 1966 Fairlane Country Squire woody wagon in great never restored original condition with a 289 in it.

In about 1970 I nearly bought a 1963 Falcon convertible. At my young age it was the first car I realized I could afford! 😊 We never advanced beyond 170 cu in. engines back then BUT we had a spare one and our Dad lead us and our younger Brother through the building of a cut away 170 engine for a display in the front room of his gas station. It was a great education for us and the customers that we got to explain engine issues to. We cut away one cylinder so the piston and rings could be seen. The other cylinders were empty. We'd run it with battery cables to the starter until the one cylinder smoked and then say to our customers ... "you don't want that to happen to your engine do you?" They knew we were just having fun but ... it was also good for business.

Reactions: Wildman and AMS417
Recently made the expensive leap into the RV world. Doing a little deer camp with my boy this weekend. I don’t think I can tow Jeep plus camper tho got to get weights worked out first.

2F2D0733-ABBB-4144-AC1C-B92C3846F389.jpeg

Recently made the expensive leap into the RV world. Doing a little deer camp with my boy this weekend. I don’t think I can tow Jeep plus camper tho got to get weights worked out first.

View attachment 368936

Congratulation on the new camper. Hope you can get stuff figured out. It looks real nice.

Reactions: B00mb00m
I’ve a couple different setups based on how we‘re camping. If it’s setting up a base camp for a few days I’ll take the folding camp kitchen, maybe the Dutch oven table if theres no fire restrictions, the canopy and large folding table, 20 or 25 gallon propane tank with distribution tree. More creature comforts. Added a Gazelle this tent this past summer because I wanted something I could stand up in, not have to crawl in and out of. Everything in the pictures, excluding the tent and the canopy which go on the roof rack, fits inside the Jeep.

A641DB23-7B47-409E-96B5-C7124750E559.jpeg

CC538E5B-767E-4D73-A533-99EDF02C00A2.jpeg

1D5A5C1E-3023-4817-8B8E-8B11F8829323.jpeg

Overlanding I’ll pack much lighter. Do the cooking on the tailgate shelf and use a small Coleman accordion folding aluminum table for prep work/eating. 1 gallon propane cylinders for now, going to pick up a 5 gallon in the spring. I like to stop for the evening, and be able to pull up stakes in the morning in a timely manner without a lot of fuss.
30F8E255-BAC8-4CFB-94F7-AD5F96425811.jpeg

No matter which way we camp, I’ve also got a pop up shelter for the portable toilet. Don’t seem to have a picture, because who really needs a picture of their Poop Palace in the woods? 🤣

Reactions: 2001slvrstntj
No matter which way we camp, I’ve also got a pop up shelter for the portable toilet. Don’t seem to have a picture, because who really needs a picture of their Poop Palace in the woods? 🤣

I'll have to look this up. If it packs up pretty small I might add that to the setup. Digging a cathole works ok but I end up camping above treeline a fair amount and I don't like to have an audience.

Reactions: mushdogs