Post up your red TJs with tan / camel interiors

Fouledplugs

TJ Guru
Supporting Member
As the title says, looking for pictures of TJ’s/LJ’s with the Tan/Spice interiors/tops. I feel like they are pretty rare.
3A58510C-5C8F-4820-85CC-375CD30E04B8.jpeg

I had a tan hardtop for just a moment. Gosh, compared to the one above I really need to give my rig a wash/wax/polish.

Reactions: Fouledplugs
i personally prefer Red vehicles to have black interior but, man the TJ looks perfect with tan or spice interior.
Makes me want to paint mine red since i already have spice interior.
It looks perfect to me too, but my father’s first YJ (93) was red with a spice interior. So the first Jeep Wrangler I was around each and everyday is seared into my brain. Cant help the way I feel about the color combo. It rocks!

Now there's a classy color combo you simply can't go wrong with.

My old BMW M3 was red with a Modena interior. That thing just looked so, so, soooo good!

Its the cherry on top with the red exterior. Is there a reason a majority of Ferraris use the same color combo..? 🕵️‍♂️

Yes, Ferrari is well known to use that interior color on their red cars. Rightfully so too, I think it goes better with red than anything else.

Old top, new top. Still need to finish the center caps and some other little things, then on to painting the flares. No good pics with interior showing yet, but i haven't even started cleaning any of that yet and it's 100% stock.

I don't want to criticize anyone's Jeep, and I'm not, I just personally hate that color combo.
I know most people don't like it. Like i tell my kids, "it's my jeep, the only thing that matters is what i like."

Before I got it I would have said red and black.

Was exterior red with black interior more common than a grey interior? Mines grey, though its also a 97 so I dont know if that might have just been an early version color combo...

When I ordered my Jeep in 98 I could've picked the spice interior and I considered it but just liked the neutrality of the gray much better.. along with a black top instead of a spice top. But I don't dislike the spice interiors on red Jeeps at all, it's just different.

I just decided to paint em today came out good, I like the old square ones more than the new ones anyways.

And that’s big money for some mirrors compared to $10 in supplies.

I just decided to paint em today came out good, I like the old square ones more than the new ones anyways.

And that’s big money for some mirrors compared to $10 in supplies.
Interesting you would mention the Mopar price. While I am inclined to agree.

If it was as simple as $10 in supplies, the knock offs or factory replacements (Crown, Quadratec, etc) are close but never can match or beat the quality of the OEM’s.

A member of the forum had purchased the Quadratec mirrors that are clones of the OEM and the mirrors were crap. The edges of the mirrors were all distorted among other, “small,” details.

In the end, you get what you pay for as with most things.