Post your Latest Purchase

toolchest.JPG

After 17 years I bought an intermediate tool chest for my rolling chest.

The one on the bottom is 17 years old, the 2 drawer on the top is brand new, pretty close match for the age difference. I know Craftsman aint what it used to was, but the store is closing and it was a smidge over half off what they were selling for a few months ago. Sadly, it will almost certainly be my last purchase at Sears. The tools are now no better than what you can get at Home Depot, Lowes, and even Harbor Freight in some instances. And even at store closing prices, more money than said competition.

Reactions: Reign Mack
purchases_08092017.png

I was looking at the available credit on my Discover card and said hey, let's do something fiscally irresponsible and buy a bunch of crap for the Jeep! lol I thought a CB would be interesting to have. I know f' all about them so hopefully I bought decent stuff. I got a tunable Firestik II antenna (black, dunno why it shows red there) and a mount to put it on the rear psgr side of the tub. An SWR meter to tune it and a Uniden compact unit. I thought having a PA option would be fun so I got a PA speaker.

The stock horn is a little wimpy (though still way better than my Hyundai's stock horn lol) so I bought the air horn. Gonna hook it up with an SPDT relay so when the relay is at rest, the air horn is what will blow when you push the stock steering wheel trigger. When I flip the switch, the relay energizes and the stock trigger will then blow the stock horn. I figured I'd do it that way so I won't annoy neighbors if I pull up to someone's house and I want to announce my presence.

I'm spoiled by my Hyundai 6000k HID system so I had originally planned to buy the KC HiLiTES 7" LED set for like $500, then I saw in another thread here these $100 ones that looked pretty nice. I figured the KCs may be better, but going by those pics I don't see them being $400 better lol. On the subject of lighting, a month ago I got a Yitamotor 52" 300W LED bar. That thing is crazy bright! I was amazed when I first turned it on. Of course, that fact it was so amazingly bright made me wonder just how much more insane the 800W Messlin bar would be, so I ordered it to find out :)

Reactions: Reece and Chris
View attachment 20201

I was looking at the available credit on my Discover card and said hey, let's do something fiscally irresponsible and buy a bunch of crap for the Jeep! lol I thought a CB would be interesting to have. I know f' all about them so hopefully I bought decent stuff. I got a tunable Firestik II antenna (black, dunno why it shows red there) and a mount to put it on the rear psgr side of the tub. An SWR meter to tune it and a Uniden compact unit. I thought having a PA option would be fun so I got a PA speaker.

The stock horn is a little wimpy (though still way better than my Hyundai's stock horn lol) so I bought the air horn. Gonna hook it up with an SPDT relay so when the relay is at rest, the air horn is what will blow when you push the stock steering wheel trigger. When I flip the switch, the relay energizes and the stock trigger will then blow the stock horn. I figured I'd do it that way so I won't annoy neighbors if I pull up to someone's house and I want to announce my presence.

I'm spoiled by my Hyundai 6000k HID system so I had originally planned to buy the KC HiLiTES 7" LED set for like $500, then I saw in another thread here these $100 ones that looked pretty nice. I figured the KCs may be better, but going by those pics I don't see them being $400 better lol. On the subject of lighting, a month ago I got a Yitamotor 52" 300W LED bar. That thing is crazy bright! I was amazed when I first turned it on. Of course, that fact it was so amazingly bright made me wonder just how much more insane the 800W Messlin bar would be, so I ordered it to find out :)

I've been thinking about one of those PA speakers for a while. I used to have one of those in my old VW GTI when I was a kid. We had such a blast with that thing. I'm sure we offended plenty of people, haha.

since upgrading my amp to a JL audio xD800 i nolonger needed a storeo with a built in amp so ditched the sony BT100 for a pioneer DEH80PRS http://a.co/ggAKpX4
its an older head unit but the sound quality and adjustments are amazing.

Reactions: Chris