Virginia Potential Rausch Creek Ride October 7th

I am Rausch curious.

Rausch is an interesting place to wheel. It's a 3000 acre private park in PA, where the terrain and trails vary greatly. All in the same day you can wheel in black coal swamp water, orange clay, tight off-camber woods, mountainside hill climbs, and a huge variety of rocks, from mild to wild!

[URL]https://www.rc4x4.org/[/URL]

2022%20RC%20MAIN.jpg

2022%20RC%20NE.jpg

This picture is from the "Rock Garden", which is part of a glacial deposit. It can be seen as the large red area on the top trail map. I've been all the way down this twice and the pictures don't do it justice. The rocks are much larger than they look and I beat the crap out of the TJ on there, bending two tie rods. The next time out I'll be armed with Blaine's tie rod and won't be worried about bending another one!
20220624_133703.jpg

This picture is one of many trails that look like this, some with woods on both sides, dragging limbs along the Jeep!
20220624_114011.jpg

Last edited:
Rich (Irun) informed me that he's unable to make it. Is there any other interest for Friday Oct 7th? If so, I can still go. If not, let's try for some time in Nov/Dec.

Reactions: SkylinesSuck
I'm going with a couple other families for a nice easy drive in the woods to Flagpole Tuesday around lunch if anybody is bored. Not much of a challenge but everybody is going to be spouse + chullins so good for family time.

Is there a thread for that ride? How are you guys organizing it?

No thread organizing just a group of friends that make the trip every year. There is another group of friends going to Kiaros too so I'm not sure what I'm doing yet. I need to get my heater core/radiator fixed before I do anything.

I'm going with a couple other families for a nice easy drive in the woods to Flagpole Tuesday around lunch if anybody is bored. Not much of a challenge but everybody is going to be spouse + chullins so good for family time.

Thanks for the invite! I would have taken you up on this but I am in the middle of cooling system overhaul while I have some time off. Have fun!

Reactions: SkylinesSuck