Power steering pump problems

Jonas Menges

Hey guys im new to the forum but i am changing my power steering pump and my old power steering pump has an adapter piece for the pressure line to feed into before it goes into the actual pump, and my new power steering pump doesnt have that adapter, so im trying to figure out where i can either find the adapter or a power steering pump where it comes with the adapter already on. I have attached 2 photos the furst one is my old pump with the adapter part on, and the second is the new power steering pump.
20180417_092111.jpg
20180417_091608.jpg

It looks like maybe that adapter can be removed from the old one. Have you checked to see if it can?

I have tried to remove that old one off a couple times, but the adapter/reducer has metal stripes on the hex corners, it it hard to see on that photo, but if you look close you can kinda see them

Yeah, I'm really confused here. I also don't see any threads in the hole on the new unit.

I would hope some of the 4.0 guys might know this off the top of their head, maybe without even having to look at their motor...? :sisi3:btw, do you have access to a Factory Service Manual, if not there is a thread somewhere, you can d/l the entire FSM for your specific year TJ. That may or may not help in this case, just a fyi.