Power window conversion

Ebo

My TJ has power windows. The kit sucks pretty bad and I want to change them back to stock. Recommendations on doing this?

Pull the panel off and see what you got in there. It might be as simple as pulling the motors off and putting the cranks back on.

Reactions: L J and jjvw
You are going to need right and left stock window regulators, any brackets, door knobs, mounting screws and bolts etc. You should research what the stock set up looks like installed and how it works. Most electric kits are pretty simple attaching to the bottom of the window and the inside of the door after removing all the manual crank stuff. You may be able to install the electrics better, tune them up and be quite happy. Try to figure out who made your kit, see if they have a trouble shooting page/help and make them work right. There are a lot of hacks out there that just make headaches for the rest of us! I have and still am considering doing electric windows, I is sooooo convenient to be able to roll down the passenger window (AND UP!) from behind the wheel.

I installed electric windows and they work well. Wiring is the big part of the job, particularly if you install disconnects at the doors (which you should). Installing the regulators themselves is quick and easy.

I installed electric windows and they work well. Wiring is the big part of the job, particularly if you install disconnects at the doors (which you should). Installing the regulators themselves is quick and easy.

I’m looking into putting power windows in my Jeep. Do you remember which conversion kit you used?

I recently did thevelectric life install it was bolt in, uses the same holes as factory, you need the window regulators, cranks, pins and the spacers behind the window crank. , not interested in selling mine but that’s it

I recently went on a light offloading trip and for the first time I had the full soft top and doors on (my TJ). It was nice with a full top, not as dirty, air conditioning made it more comfortable even when stopped etc. What I hated was constantly rolling down the windows to let the damn huge flies out of the Jeep after a stop. I for the first time, was wishing for power windows in the TJ.

Hard full doors. They can be converted to power windows.

I love the fact that the TJ doesn't have all the power options installed. Simple crank will always work. Simple seats will always be adjustable

But I also love that you can mod your Jeep the way YOU want it to be. No other vehicle can be made so different from each other and yet still be the same. Adult erector set!👍

If your kit was not a Electric life kit you might consider replacing the existing kit with the Electric Life kit. could be cheaper than rebuilding the crank operators.