Prairie City SVRA

jtf440

TJ Enthusiast
First time I've been to Prairie City and done actual rock crawling. I did the Alamo and it took me 3 attempts, last one being on video.
20190627_115749.jpg
20190627_115720.jpg

Looks like fun. Did you air your tires down? They don't look like they flexed much.

Reactions: jtf440
I did not. I was still impressed by how much they did flex at ~28psi though. I'm leaving for college in a month so I can't spend any money on the Jeep for any reason.
Risky bringing it to an OHV park then :ROFLMAO:

Next time you attempt to go up lower your tires to around 10-12 psi. You'll walk right up it.

Here is @bobthetj03 on the top at skillz day

I think that a few of us were thinking, glad he's jumping out instead of being bounced out.
It can and does go wrong very quick.
And spotter, hold the camera still and zoom in.

It’s a good idea to get in the habit of buckling up every single time you put your Jeep in gear. No exceptions. Somebody a whole lot more experienced than you got killed at Sierra Trek last year, no seatbelt. Don’t mean to sound like your dad, but it’s just like trigger discipline with firearms: practice it all the time, every time, no exceptions.

Reactions: B252 and jtf440
@afmotoAnd you do sound like my dad 😂

We ALL end up sounding like “dad” one day, huh?! lol Not sure if you’re into firearms and got the analogy, but any time you’re doing something potentially hazardous, getting yourself into good habits and routines can save your life some day.

Another personal example from racing superbikes for nearly two decades was this: don’t let anyone interrupt you while changing tires! That got pounded into my head at an early age and I pounded into the heads of lots of other racers because at least once every year, somebody would come out of the pits, hard on the gas, and get to turn one without brakes because the pads fell out or they didn’t pump the brakes or something stupid like that, all because they stopped in the middle of their tire changing routine and missed something when they came back to finish the job.

I’ll bet money the military vets on this forum have a bunch of other examples of stuff that got pounded into their heads, but the most basic ones might still be trigger and muzzle discipline because one mistake can get somebody killed.

Now get out there and mow the damn lawn already or you’re not getting your allowance this week! lol