Pray for Oregon

If you were to look you would see than most people who say they are a ORV enthusiast are environmentalist many times. We care about the land and the forests also. But we also believe that not allowing people into areas other than VERY few isn't a good way to manage these lands.
Yes logging needed to catch up with the times but stopping it all together isn't the answer either. There needs to be controlled logging and the dead trees harvested plus the under brush cleared. It is this mismanagement of our forests IMHO that has caused a lot of these super fires and not the logging that happened before.

It was always a joke about the BLM managers at a meeting in D.C. and they were being briefed on the use of cattle guards in MT. Being that these folks from D.C. had no clue what a cattle guard is or does they decided that we had too many as employees. So they directed that 35% would be laid off and that 35% would work additional time to make up for the fewer employees.

But this isn't about the BLM or Pres Trump. The fires in WA, OR, CA, ID, MT, WY & other western states is sad and we as a whole need to figure out how to help stop them from happening. But of course with all in fighting going on right now I doubt they'll figure anything out before there isn't anything left to burn.

Federal government isn’t SUPPOSED to own ANY land.

But being as they do own the land, does that play in to why we have such good wheeling out here in the west? I mean if they didn't own the land, would we still have great wheeling spots?

I look at the east coast where they don't own as much land (the federal government), and while there is wheeling, it's obviously not the same kind of wheeling as it is out west (which is nothing short of epic some might say).

Just trying to understand of course, not trying to turn anything political.

I agree with a lot of what you said till Trump. He has been in office for 3 going on 4 years. Our National Forest have been fucked for at least 50 years
Yes but has there really been an improvement these last three years on environmental polices? Jut recently he lifted environmental policies To make it “easier” for companies during COVID. I get companies need to make money, but lifting restrictions is a bad move. They are there to protect.

I see it as if you want environmental improvement you have to lean left sometimes, because improving the environment is a money hole and like it or not right learners like making money not giving it away haha.

But being as they do own the land, does that play in to why we have such good wheeling out here in the west? I mean if they didn't own the land, would we still have great wheeling spots?

I look at the east coast where they don't own as much land (the federal government), and while there is wheeling, it's obviously not the same kind of wheeling as it is out west (which is nothing short of epic some might say).

Chris if the government didn’t manage the land, I am sure it would go to the highest bidder and we would all be stuck with coal refineries, huge cattle’s ranches and saw mills out west with big signs “NO PUBLIC ACCESS”

• Haha
Reactions: Wildman

I don't know how the whole system works but some of it I do.
Each state was given land that is managed under the DNR and this land is to be used by each state as a means to help provide monies for public schools. Out here in the PNW that land is logged and other things to help fund this. Elbe Hills is DNR land as is Reiter.
States back east have sold off their holdings years ago or improved this land to generate funds in other ways.
A good example of private land out here in the west would be BFE in Moab. That land was I think federal land at one point and they were doing a land swap. So people got together and bought up that land so it wouldn't be closed to the public.

So the easy answer would be if this wasn't federal land (Public Land) then yes we would be just like back east where you would be lucky to have a 5,000 acre area to wheel on and you'd pay $50 for the day. Just guessing what it costs.

Reactions: vinsanity
Chris if the government didn’t manage the land, I am sure it would go to the highest bidder and we would all be stuck with coal refineries, huge cattle’s ranches and saw mills out west with big signs “NO PUBLIC ACCESS”

My thoughts exactly. As much as I dislike government overreach, it seems to me that in this case it may actually be for the better.

I mean maybe people could come together and collectively buy the land to use as wheeling spots, but I suspect they'd just be outbid by some rancher, timber company, or mining company with far more money than any of us combine.

I look at all the wheeling we have here out west and feel very fortunate.

Anyone pissing on about the government and how we need to do things “better” can fuck right off. We are losing homes, lives and tons of animals right now.

We don’t want or need your bs right now. I’m raw. I’m upset and been up for 50+ hours. I’m watering my property and hoping this doesn’t destroy our home. Enough.

This is not directed at anyone in particular.

Officials (like Trump) do not have the comprehension power to understand climate change or how to manage any environmental problems,
The reason you won‘t influence people to your position is because you use denigrating language like the quote above. It’s not that they don’t “have the comprehension power to understand” these things.” It’s because they disagree with conclusions of politicized science. I’m a scientist. I should know. It’s about getting grants, it’s about being published, it’s about tenure. YOu publish what the politicians want so you can keep the money coming in.

Anyone pissing on about the government and how we need to do things “better” can fuck right off. We are losing homes, lives and tons of animals right now.

We don’t want or need your bs right now. I’m raw. I’m upset and been up for 50+ hours. I’m watering my property and hoping this doesn’t destroy our home. Enough.

Bummer dude and hope it gets better SOON. I feel for you and know what you are going thru. Best of luck and stay safe. Remember all that stuff can be replaced but you and yours can't. In my thoughts and prayers.

If you were to look you would see than most people who say they are a ORV enthusiast are environmentalist many times. We care about the land and the forests also. But we also believe that not allowing people into areas other than VERY few isn't a good way to manage these lands.
Yes logging needed to catch up with the times but stopping it all together isn't the answer either. There needs to be controlled logging and the dead trees harvested plus the under brush cleared. It is this mismanagement of our forests IMHO that has caused a lot of these super fires and not the logging that happened before.

It was always a joke about the BLM managers at a meeting in D.C. and they were being briefed on the use of cattle guards in MT. Being that these folks from D.C. had no clue what a cattle guard is or does they decided that we had too many as employees. So they directed that 35% would be laid off and that 35% would work additional time to make up for the fewer employees.

But this isn't about the BLM or Pres Trump. The fires in WA, OR, CA, ID, MT, WY & other western states is sad and we as a whole need to figure out how to help stop them from happening. But of course with all in fighting going on right now I doubt they'll figure anything out before there isn't anything left to burn.
I’m only laughing about the cattle guard part.

Enchanted Forest near Salem, no filter:

118953066_10158576154421420_6035073145689984893_o.jpg

My wife's grandma and aunts and uncles live down near Medford and have had to evacuate their homes apparently. They live in a town called Talent I believe she said, and supposedly it's burning to the ground.

Talent and Phoenix are gone.

Medford hospital has evaluated. 40 miles of I5 is shut down. People can’t leave down in the South.

Talent and Phoenix are gone.

Medford hospital has evaluated. 40 miles of I5 is shut down. People can’t leave down in the South.

Yep, they were telling my wife the entire town is gone and they are trying to get out.

I didn't know about the fires down south. Man, it seems like the entire state is on fire 😲

Reactions: Rick Flair
My thoughts exactly. As much as I dislike government overreach, it seems to me that in this case it may actually be for the better.

I mean maybe people could come together and collectively buy the land to use as wheeling spots, but I suspect they'd just be outbid by some rancher, timber company, or mining company with far more money than any of us combine.

I look at all the wheeling we have here out west and feel very fortunate.
You guys must be wrong, because I lived in TX (2 percent) and we had wheeling places. It’s called Free capitalism. People realized this is an interest group and they turned their properties into wheeling places. People pay and everyone is happy. Also, there’s not many fires in one of the hottest states in the US. Granted, there are not as many forests, but east of 35 is very wooded, and NE Texas is known as the Piney Woods