Pray for Oregon

If you want to listen to the fire scanners, I believe I used Broadcastify in the past. Here's the area around Medford if I looked it up correctly.

https://www.broadcastify.com/listen/feed/7238

If not you can check statewide

https://www.broadcastify.com/listen/stid/41

I used the scanner traffic to determine when the fire crews moved into my brother's town and they mentioned the street his house was on when directing trucks. So you can get a lot of information off of it. I listened to a scanner and watched a local news crew, then sent him live updates since his internet sucked at his evacuation hotel.

Reactions: Rick Flair
As for the forest fires, the bark beetles didn't do anybody any favors. My brother lost a tree to them, but couldn't get it cut down because he couldn't get a permit to cut down the dead tree on his property. Fires went through and the dead tree didn't burn. He eventually moved so it's someone else's problem now. Maybe CA has changed their policy of protecting dead trees, I don't know.

There are more people and because of that they put out a lot of small fires. Until they can't control them anymore. I think fire was the natural forest management. The history of forest fires shows a lot of big fires in the past. Well before there were lots of people around. It's been a while since there's been a multi-million acre fire like in the 1800s.

Last edited:
I wonder where they mounted the extinguisher on the Jeep?

They don't say what model it is. I know this happens more than we like to admit and not only with Jeeps that are being towed. Seems to be a good reason to have a camera on the rear of your RV so you can watch you toad.

It won't stop raining here. I'd push it your way if I could.

Of course we're in a drought and before yesterday down 11.5" below normal rainfall. So we need it too.

This year sucks. I'm thinking of getting these for the family.

2020-one-star-very-bad-would-not-recommend-2020-mens-premium-t-shirt.jpg

Last edited:
Small update. More friends lost homes, got a lot of animals moved and the wind died down so the spread is not as violent. It seems it jumped hwy 22 mostly is spreading to Silverston.

The prisons (three of the six) in Salem moved their prisoners, 1500, to our max pen with emergency beds.

Still on stand by but it’s not so scary at this point, for us. We are 20 miles still from the fires. Air quality is down right dangerous. Haven’t seen the sun in days.

The amount of care and help gives you a new perspective on humanity. The trailers and help is amazing. Thanks for the prayers and support so far, others affected in both Washington and California are in mine as well.

Glad to hear things are getting a little better for you. Wish the same could be said for everyone affected right now.
I was sweating bullets today as my daughter was driving down to Coos Bay to start college tomorrow. She is in Eugene tonight and will go the rest of the way in the morning. But I was worried about her since this is her first time going on a long trip alone.

2 years ago after that big fire in CA a buddy had setup a group of people who were moving travel trailers and 5th wheels or stock trailers all over northern CA and southern OR for people who had been made homeless by that fire. I even hauled a trailer from Tri-Cities down to Weed, CA for someone who had bought it online. It is always amazing how hard times can bring out the BEST in all of us.

You and everyone else will stay in my thoughts and prayers. Stay safe and again if you need anything holler. Be glad to help if I could.

Glad to hear things are getting a little better for you. Wish the same could be said for everyone affected right now.
I was sweating bullets today as my daughter was driving down to Coos Bay to start college tomorrow. She is in Eugene tonight and will go the rest of the way in the morning. But I was worried about her since this is her first time going on a long trip alone.

2 years ago after that big fire in CA a buddy had setup a group of people who were moving travel trailers and 5th wheels or stock trailers all over northern CA and southern OR for people who had been made homeless by that fire. I even hauled a trailer from Tri-Cities down to Weed, CA for someone who had bought it online. It is always amazing how hard times can bring out the BEST in all of us.

You and everyone else will stay in my thoughts and prayers. Stay safe and again if you need anything holler. Be glad to help if I could.

Will do! And she’s not far from me or my network so if she finds a spot of trouble you ask and I’m there or my BIL or LE network. She should be fine traveling through Florence and down south to Coos from there.

And these are times when I when I wish I had my F350 still help move big stuff. Good on you for doing that man!

Thanks for the update, thinking about all of you in this mess...so sorry to see/hear this but know living it is much worse. Never been in a fire like this but have been flooded through a hurricane and the feeling that you can't do anything ready sucks...prayers sent. Hang in there and good luck!

I can not truly imagine how this affects the people that have lost their most precious things and it’s more than just things. Myself having lived through 3 major fires by sheltering in place and 2 other that we complied with the evacuation orders, is scary none the less.
In the last major fire, we packed up what we could in an hour and said goodbye to the rest.
A week later, we got the news that residents were allowed to go back to there homes (if they still had one), and assess the damage. When I turned the corner and saw our house still standing, I just cried. I finally got my self back together and called my wife, and broke down again.
She thought we lost everything but, I managed to say that it was still standing.

It won't stop raining here. I'd push it your way if I could.

Of course we're in a drought and before yesterday down 11.5" below normal rainfall. So we need it too.

This year sucks. I'm thinking of getting these for the family.

View attachment 188866
Not even a 1 star year, but I get why you filled in 1 star.

The towns of Otis and Lincoln City are on fire right now neighboring my neck of the woods. Shit is getting crazy! We’re on Level 2 evacuation right now and have had no power for 3 days so far.

466C6FAD-433C-4852-82DA-29FC2A5FDF32.jpeg
31B2C7B6-BB4F-43C1-83F7-6CAA6ED22BC3.jpeg
7DE40DCF-E304-45C6-B5D2-7FDF9EAEE6E0.jpeg

Good luck to everyone in the danger zone and be safe, yesterday I got separated from my family in the sense that we drove south on the PCH then the fire crossed the highway and my family is north of it and we have no way to reconnect with me driving a significant journey out and around to the East.

@BuildBreakRepeat Be safe my friend, I’m almost in your neck of the forest now from Siletz to Philomath, then headed to Dallas then to Hebo...

We just got back from Long Beach, Wa. this morning. The smoke was bad even at the coast. My aunt and nephew were here waiting for us, they needed a place to stay because they just evacuated their home in Cougar, Wa. Hope it's still there when they go back.

I hope the problems you're having there aren't a result of the issues going on in Portland. They arrested this guy lighting fires in Washington. They should air drop him with the next load of fire retardant.

https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/20...on-state-caught-highway-setting-fire-lighter/
This man has already been arrested once before too, seems like he just wants attention....
https://komonews.com/news/local/pol...rwEdxEboCfzoSkYOUBD3qCyd_P-JepDMYx-0vF_vrWLwU

On a side note what click bait titles lol, same news article different titles
C54D2810-5388-4CC7-8C04-6755BF7CF0D7.jpeg

• Haha
Reactions: Chris
This is downtown Lincoln City! Gridlock on the 101 southbound, hwy is closed at Cascade Head now where it meets 18 through Otis.

There are police on PA’s driving around just yelling “evacuate now” to the public. People on horseback fleeing down the PCH through clouds of smoke!

8E5EC788-A254-4D87-AAA8-0DB40A4C6656.jpeg