Prepping to sell my 2002 Jeep Wrangler

What products did you use for the coating/paint?
Here's a fairly simple summary of what I normally do on the outside.

https://wranglertjforum.com/threads...otect-your-wheeler-driver.61716/#post-1109779
For the inside of the frame there are different products, depending on your needs. Although I've used Fluid Film (FF), my preference is Eastwood's internal frame coating. These are my reasons for using it:

1. My Jeeps are always garaged when not in use
2. Once you use FF, you really can't go back (cleaning it out sufficiently to paint is almost impossible)
3. If you get it on external surfaces, painting can be problematic (without proper cleaning you get "fish eyes" in the paint)
4. I can't stand the smell

Reactions: TheBoogieman
The only reason someone would be scared off by cleaning up the frame would be if you do a crappy job. These are both the same frame. Which one would you want to buy? FWIW, both the inside and outside were done.

View attachment 331515

View attachment 331516
Spill your secrets. I need to do mine again, so it will last more than 3 years. I just wire wheeled it outside and used 98 cent Walmart stop rust paint (on close out).:(

Reactions: Irun
Yep. That’s why I asked for pictures on page one. Cracked frame or not, 5k is still all I would expect to get. You might get 6-7k if you’re lucky from some idiot but who knows. However if you list that thing at 10k expecting to get that you’ll be sitting on it for a while. It’s in rough shape, cut your losses and move on. Good luck with your sale.

Reactions: Artsifrtsi