Pressure washer recommendations?

Schwifty Rich

TJ Enthusiast
Hey everyone,

So while I was at harbor freight I picked up this 1750 psi pressure washer for about $80.00. I was wondering if that would be adequate for some deep cleaning, underbody prep, and what have you.

I saw somewhere on here that people are using gas powered models that get up to 3100psi and now I'm having second thoughts about this little electric one.

Does anyone use this one or a similar Pressure washer?

Ideally I would use it to take off all the crud, peeling liner on the frame/undercarriage, and help with rust removal preparation.
power wash.PNG

That's plenty of psi for just washing the underside of the Jeep.

Now if you're talking about pressure washing your driveway, concrete, decks, fences, etc., then you want that 3100 psi unit (which is what I have).

That one you got is worthless for just about anything other than washing your car. But for that purpose, it will do the trick just fine!

This is my experience at least. The electric pressure washer units in the 1700 psi range are an absolute joke when it comes to pressure washing decks, fences, concrete, etc.

Thanks for the fast responses!
I really like versatility and all but that $450 stihl is a little more than I think I need lol.

I would like to go with one of the sun joe models as they seem to have fairly positive reviews, more power, and a tank for detergent.

It seems they have one that you can select low power or high power (1450/2030) with only one ditergent tank. That’s the one I’ll get then. Thanks for the recommendation everyone! Now i just have to return the Harbor Freight one.

Reactions: RedrumRH
That's plenty of psi for just washing the underside of the Jeep.
But for that purpose, it will do the trick just fine!

I'd say this is correct. It's probably the highest pressure to be using under there and everyone still needs to keep it away from all the various rubber and plastic parts (seals, bushings, wires, etc.)

Now if you're talking about pressure washing your driveway, concrete, decks, fences, etc., then you want that 3100 psi unit (which is what I have).

I'd advise anyone looking for one of these to get one with decent access to where the hoses connect up. The frame of mine has what I would call a push bar that holds and "protects" the detergent tank but together they totally block even being able to see the hose connections let alone actually connecting them without laying on the ground. OK, maybe I exaggerated on the laying down part but it still should have been better.

Reactions: Chris