Pricing Announced for the 1000-HP Mopar Hellephant

Jeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeezzzzzzuuuuuuuuuuussssssssssssssss

Can you imagine if Ford/Chevy start to get on board and the pony wars get revamped with insane HP cars. I'm not talking a 500-700hp, but like this thing 1000HP cars.

Someone will drop one in a JL, just you wait.

Here is a friend of mine, who underestimated what 525 HP in Z06 could do.

Needless to say that's only half the HP of the new Hemi.

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: Equilibrium31
Need's not really in the equation. Else everyone would be driving a Subaru and wearing Birkenstocks.

(Not that there is anything wrong with that)

Very true. 1000hp is actually dangerous on the street though. There's absolutely nowhere you can use that sort of power unless you get out to the middle of BFE, and even then you're asking for it!

Having owned a 500hp street car, even that felt like it was too much power on tap for the street. 1000hp is like driving around a missile. I can't even imagine what kind of trouble (or damage) you could get into with that.

Reactions: 05 Blue Unlimited
FYI, you couldn't even put that sort of power in a TJ (if the SWB didn't kill you first). You'd literally twist the frame from all that power. The same likely goes for a JL as well. Those bodies / frames just weren't meant to handle 1000hp.

Here’s my Mopar rant. The company that brings you the hellcat, the demon, The Cherokee track halk, hell even the dodge Omni glh won’t even put in a mild mannered v8 in a wrangler... wtf Chrysler! The company that says if u want to kill your self here u go, but I won’t give u more than 285hp v6 in a Jeep Wrangler because it’s to scary.

Last edited:
FYI, you couldn't even put that sort of power in a TJ (if the SWB didn't kill you first). You'd literally twist the frame from all that power. The same likely goes for a JL as well. Those bodies / frames just weren't meant to handle 1000hp.
ahhh I can see all those idiots who put these engines in the wrong car crabbing down the highway with twisted frames. Reminds me of early Novas I used to see going down the road on an angle due to twisted frames.

ahhh I can see all those idiots who put these engines in the wrong car crabbing down the highway with twisted frames. Reminds me of early Novas I used to see going down the road on an angle due to twisted frames.

Yep. I honestly wonder how many of these YouTube sensations are swapping in engines like this with absolutely no regard for the frame / drivetrain and the fact that they weren't meant to take this level of horsepower.

Hell, I read the new Corvette they are releasing was having problems with the frame twisting due to the high level of horsepower. Just imagine a Jeep, haha!

From personal experience, owning a 500 HP 69 Camaro with 4:11's in a 12 bolt. I could drop from 4th to 3rd at about 40 mph stomp the gas and go broadside. Better have some badass traction at 1000 HP.

Reactions: StG58 and Chris
Here’s my Mopar rant. The company that brings you the hellcat, the demon, The Cherokee track halk, hell even the dodge Omni glh won’t even put in a mild mannered v8 in a wrangler... wtf Chrysler! The company that says if u want to kill your self here u go, but I won’t give u more than 285hp v6 in a Jeep Wrangler because it’s to scary.

I just want a Diesel Wrangler . . . :cry:

Yeah, that one kind of gets me. I'm sure jeep/chrysler has their reasons, but you would think they would have offered a diesel in the wrangler by now. Crap, they put one in damn Liberty, WTH?

LOL yeah I own that Liberty as my Daily until I get my diesel swap TJ done!

Damn, I've never owned anything that would spin tires on dry pavement.
But I'm seriously thinking of giving my 496ci Winnebago Moho a 4 shot of happy juice...
You know, WD-40 sprayed on the rear duals, you know, just like on TV.

• Haha
Reactions: Squatch and Chris