Problems with Armor All?

MellowYellow

TJ Enthusiast
I've used Armor All for years with nary a problem. Lately, though, I've heard several people saying it makes tires, dashes, etc dry rot faster than normal. What say ye? Any alternatives?

I just use water to clean my dash. I might not get an award at SEMA for my interior, but it looks good enough until it gets hit with mud and dust next time I'm out wheeling. I cleaned the inside of my new-used half doors with some dawn and a sponge. Looked pretty good to me. My standards might be a bit lower though...

Armor-All is garbage, no doubt. The thing you can do to clean plastic is soap and water, and then go over it with 303 Aerospace Protectant. That stuff is the only product I know of that actually has UV ray inhibitors built in, so it will protect against sun damage, whereas Armor-All won't.

Use that stuff liberally and you'll be set!

I've used Armor All for years with nary a problem. Lately, though, I've heard several people saying it makes tires, dashes, etc dry rot faster than normal. What say ye? Any alternatives?

There are hundreds of posts on the Internet claiming that Armor-All damages plastics and rubber due to its silicon content. I express no opinion on the subject because I use other brands of car detailing products. You can google it.

An interesting article can be found here: https://www.tamiyaclub.com/forum/in...e-oil-is-great-for-rubber-and-armor-all-isnt/

I like Lucas slick mist. Works for me.
61CYfxP54yL._SY679_.jpg

Lucas Oil 10514 Slick Mist Interior Detailer - 24 oz. https://www.amazon.com/dp/B003L35EWM/?tag=wranglerorg-20

303. It's is great . O' Reilly's has it . To me , it's like Armor All was , a long time a go.

I recently returned a bottle of original armor all, .You couldn't even tell is was applied .

Cleaning tip if you buy a smokers jeep. Mr clean magic erasers on the hard plastics. They will strip everything off em including in all the little textured grooves. I did that on all the hard surfaces when I bought my jeep an then never used anything more than a damp paper towel after.

There must have been a time
when we could have said no.

Reactions: derekmac and RussTJ