Project 97 TJ

Henry Escobar

I'm a new member, I got this stock 97 TJ 4 months ago and I started working on it. My whole plan is to turn it into a medium trail and a hunting jeep. When I bought it the tj was bone stock. Now it has a 2-1/2" lift with a Rubicon sway bar disconnect. I replaced all the bushings with Red Suspension polyurethane, shocks are Procomp 3000, Banks Monster Exhaust and Banks Ram Air. I just installed a cobra CB. I also got these PIAA lamps. So basically all the aftermarket stuff that you see, I installed it. Hopefully you guys like it.

20160225_080328.jpg
20160225_080357.jpg

Welcome Henry! It looks great so far, what are you planning on doing to it next?

I'm a new member, I got this stock 97 TJ 4 months ago and I started working on it. My whole plan is to turn it into a medium trail and a hunting jeep. When I bought it the tj was bone stock. Now it has a 2-1/2" lift with a Rubicon sway bar disconnect. I replaced all the bushings with Red Suspension polyurethane, shocks are Procomp 3000, Banks Monster Exhaust and Banks Ram Air. I just installed a cobra CB. I also got these PIAA lamps. So basically all the aftermarket stuff that you see, I installed it. Hopefully you guys like it.

View attachment 3293 View attachment 3294
I say nice jeep but that's redundant.;)
there is a mount for the hi-lift that goes on the hood hinges. Offers a bit more protection than on the bumper.

Hey Chris, I just installed a Banks Ram Air that goes along with the Banks Monster Exhaust, next is changing all the bushings at the back end, then I'll mount an in board compressor. I'm just setting this TJ for mild trail and for hunting. This is also my daily driver.

Henry

Reactions: Chris
Looks (and sounds) like it's coming along so far.

Banks makes some nice stuff. My TJ came with their Ram Air system, and it's actually a very well made, durable piece.

Yea man so far I've done the following;
2.5 lift
Procomp 3000 shocks and steeering stabilizer
Rubicon Express Disconnects
Energy Suspension bushings
Stroker 4.6 engine

Reactions: Chris
I wanted an all around truck, so it can do trails, float on snow and still drive on the freeway. It's pretty fast.