Project Apache: TJ / T3c Build

Replaced radiator and hoses with new mopar unit and readjusted the tailgate hinges for the heavier tire. Goal over the next month is to disassemble most of the suspension, wire wheel everything I can, then touch up everything with some rattle can.

F94477D7-C4BF-47AF-BB7B-ECDCA051AADA.jpeg

finally got around to installing a rancho stabilizer on my currectlync.

Hey, that’s Summersville Lake. I’m originally from there. I’ve jumped off a lot of those rocks there at Long Point in your first picture. That was a long time ago though.
Yep, sure is. Great area for outdoor adventures. I actually just read that the New River Gorge is set to become our 63rd national park so I’m curious to see what changes over next few years.

Reactions: MountaineerTom
Nice job on the Bantam resto. I'd like to find one of those pup's.

I looked at your post for the trailer work, but couldn't help notice you've got an Apex! I've got an '02. Or I should say the only real thing I've got left of an Apex is the hood sticker. :ROFLMAO:

Real nice pic's of your trips as well, thanks for posting 'em. Always like checking out places to visit when I get to "one of these days"

Jeep on my friend! 😸

Nice job on the Bantam resto. I'd like to find one of those pup's.

I looked at your post for the trailer work, but couldn't help notice you've got an Apex! I've got an '02. Or I should say the only real thing I've got left of an Apex is the hood sticker. :ROFLMAO:

Real nice pic's of your trips as well, thanks for posting 'em. Always like checking out places to visit when I get to "one of these days"

Jeep on my friend! 😸
Thanks, I’d hardly call it a resto as I have 0 fab skills. More of a good from far/ far from good deal lol.

The apex edition was kind of a joke although I still like the brown seats that came with it. You’re the only other person I’ve ran into that has one!

Reactions: Modoc Guy
81A38EF7-2250-4DFD-80F0-1D4BED384218.jpeg
Did some winter maintenance. Scraped off all the old undercarriage coating, wire wheeled, and resprayed. Still need to do the front but that’s another project.

Reactions: Chris
Still need to get the jeep on the lift and check everything underneath but very happy with how the jeep performed this weekend. I think my next mods will be focused on protection and reliability. Want to look into engine/steering/radiator skids and upgrading the shafts on my Dana 35. Also want to add a spacer to my front springs as they have sagged about .75” after the bumper and winch

Reactions: NashvilleTJ
Pulled the flares off today for some spring cleaning. PO had them bedlined and they were starting to flake pretty bad. Not sure what I will replace them with.

A269E79C-8F21-4790-AE51-B877FE51BB91.jpeg

Also started pulling the springs so I can cycle the front suspension and adjust bumps if needed. I was into the flares pretty bad at Rausch so I need to see if they are into the metal fenders as well
84321B15-7E3D-446B-BCF0-BF2FC0A45FEE.jpeg

Finally had a chance to cycle the suspension today, learned a lot. By my math I have 3.5” up travel and 4.25” down travel.

With bump stops removed my up travel is limited by the fenders with another 0.75” left in shock travel
28B50B7D-CE14-49C2-A036-E7447CC9705B.jpeg

1FCF91CA-DE62-4E41-A8F8-DB9A4AC943C0.jpeg

375C6FF8-2D71-4007-8049-31C85118AEE5.jpeg

At full droop I’m limited by my lower control arm touching the frame side mount.
269C3125-79B0-4213-B9AC-C369D467E39B.jpeg

171D2000-FCDA-42B0-BAEB-45CBA7AACE1C.jpeg

Pulled the front axle and picked up some paint. Chromo shafts, Spartan locker, seals, ball joints, control arm skids, spring isolators, jounce bouncers, mml, and body lift all ordered. Tried to pick up a savvy steering skid but it’s on backorder.

30811EC6-D356-44C1-82C6-F9B1C4BF6D8B.jpeg

Reactions: Modoc Guy