• Want to add an app icon for this forum to your mobile device's home screen? Check out this thread to see how.
  • Have an event you want to share? Check out the new forum event calendar and how-to use it in this thread here.
  • To both new members and existing members, please read this thread about posting your topics in the correct sub-forum. It makes my job (and my life) a lot easier!

Project Felicity: 06 TJ Wrangler RHD V2403 Kubota Diesel Swap

Alex01

Enthusiast
Supporting Member
Ride of the Month Winner
Hey TJers,

So I finally got my Wrangler looking like a TJ again!!! Check it out!

View attachment 119412

I did end up removing the air conditioning condenser and the auxiliary transmission cooler from the grill. Also I had to install the new radiator support bumpers into the grill for the body lift I had installed back in July. It took me way longer to get the bumpers to seat correctly into the bottom of the grill than I originally thought it would take!

I also put the back half of the two piece hard top that I picked up earlier this summer on the Wrangler as well. Somehow I don't have any pictures of it yet, so I'll go take a few this evening and post them soon!

Thanks
Grant

Video:
Nice work Grant. It finally looks like a jeep again.

Reactions: RustyAutoholicGuy
OP
RustyAutoholicGuy

RustyAutoholicGuy

Kubota Diesel Wrangler Guy
Supporting Member
Nice work Grant. It finally looks like a jeep again.
Thank you @Alex01 it's made going in the swap and working on the Wrangler much easier! I really do feel like the end is in sight but the last 10% takes forever!

So I got the door panels painted tan and the rear interior installed back into the Wrangler.

0in8WYVl.jpg

I've learned my lesson from the dashboard and I'm letting the door panels cure as long as possible before I try to install them!

Also I got the tan carpet install into my Wrangler. The carpet came out of a 2000 TJ Wrangler and doesn't directly fit into my 2006 TJ Wrangler. I ended up using a knife to cut cross slits into the carpet where I need to install bolts. It actually worked way better than I was anticipating and gave a really clean look to the carpet installation.

M4gll6Fl.jpg

I also found some parts I was missing so in my next post I will have hopefully finished putting the dashboard back together and I can focus on getting the Kubota V2403 engine finished.

Let me know what you think!

Thanks
Grant

Last edited:
Reactions: Alex01
OP
RustyAutoholicGuy

RustyAutoholicGuy

Supporting Member
Hey TJers,

Well that took way to long to get around too! I finally got my painted door panels installed on my TJ however in the process of doing so I realized I forgot to install the HVAC vent tubes back onto the dashboard when I painted the dashboard.

yIsFYmQl.jpg

SO I pulled the dashboard again, installed the missing vent tubes and got in back in the Wrangler. I'm really hoping that is the last time I have to pull this dashboard anytime soon!

ggPpvQGl.jpg

I also finally got all the remaining pieces I was missing and my goal is to have the Wrangler running by the end of November or the beginning of December. I don't want this project to pour over into 2020, I have a build I'm desperate to start in 2020 and I need to get this one back on the trails!

Thanks
Grant

Reactions: Alex01
OP
RustyAutoholicGuy

RustyAutoholicGuy

Supporting Member
Hey TJers,

Completely forgot to update this thread. So I started working on figuring out where I wanted to put the shifters for my transfer cases and the AW4 automatic. I bought the narrow aluminum center console from GenRight so I don't have to go through the hassle of making my own console, expensive but a great product! Here are a couple of pictures of the progress:

nkdupHgl.jpg

j47wLs8l.jpg

Here is the video of that work so far:

Thanks
Grant

Reactions: BuildBreakRepeat

BuildBreakRepeat

Garrett Hoover
Supporting Member
Hey TJers,

Completely forgot to update this thread. So I started working on figuring out where I wanted to put the shifters for my transfer cases and the AW4 automatic. I bought the narrow aluminum center console from GenRight so I don't have to go through the hassle of making my own console, expensive but a great product! Here are a couple of pictures of the progress:

View attachment 127511

View attachment 127512

Here is the video of that work so far:

Thanks
Grant
Genright Console is super clean. So excited for when this baby drives

Reactions: RustyAutoholicGuy