A Story of Indecision and Frivolous Spending

IS this the place that messed the gears up the first time after driving it 1 mile post completion? Thy did fix it I think in the end tho correct?

They didn't mess up the gears. They had to slightly modify the RCV axle shaft, which they did no questions asked.

Reactions: Starrs
Finished installing the JCR bumpers!

The sun isn't letting me get great photos right now, but I was able to take these ones. I'll get some better ones later.

IMG_2211.jpg

IMG_2210.JPG

IMG_2209.JPG

Reactions: zebra12 and Starrs
Your build thread doesn’t help My jeepless situaiton at all right now.

Well then this won't help much more:

I decided to go all in on the 4.0 by purchasing a Magnum Powers supercharger:
https://magnumpowers.com/product/ornare-et/

Charles (the owner) and I have been talking for over a month now. He builds these things himself (yes, even the supercharger unit himself is something he machines) here in Oregon. He only lives about 40 minutes from me, and he's a very nice guy. This Magnum Powers supercharger is the absolute best and highest output supercharger on the market. This thing makes the measly Boosted Tech and Sprintex units look like a joke with the power it puts out (in part due to the after cooler and independent crank drive pulley).

He said it will be about 5-6 weeks to build mine, but from all the stories I've heard from people who run these things, it's absolutely wicked. He was telling me that going up a hill with 35s on a TJ and tons of weight, he was able to just fly past people in the other lanes.

So no more V8 for me. Once this thing gets here I'll be installing it myself and having B&G tune the PCM for me. I can't wait to get this thing on. @psrivats and I saw one in person, and this supercharger is no joke!

Jeep-kit-1-full-res-600x444.jpg

Snapshot-2-600x493.jpg

Charles (the owner) and I have been talking for over a month now. He builds these things himself (yes, even the supercharger unit himself is something he machines) here in Oregon. He only lives about 40 minutes from me, and he's a very nice guy. This Magnum Powers supercharger is the absolute best and highest output supercharger on the market. This thing makes the measly Boosted Tech and Sprintex units look like a joke with the power it puts out (in part due to the after cooler and independent crank drive pulley).

He said it will be about 5-6 weeks to build mine, but from all the stories I've heard from people who run these things, it's absolutely wicked. He was telling me that going up a hill with 35s on a TJ and tons of weight, he was able to just fly past people in the other lanes.

So no more V8 for me. Once this thing gets here I'll be installing it myself and having B&G tune the PCM for me. I can't wait to get this thing on. @psrivats and I saw one in person, and this supercharger is no joke!

View attachment 64218

View attachment 64219

Awesome! That's a bad ass unit, should be fun to see the results.

Reactions: Chris

View attachment 64218

View attachment 64219
Its going to be a beast. Are you going to do an installation write up?

Its going to be a beast. Are you going to do an installation write up?

I was thinking of documenting it by video and editing it down to where it isn't hours long. It comes with instructions, and I have experience having installed the Boosted Tech supercharger on my old black TJ.

But yeah, I intend to take my time installing it, so a write-up will follow.

Damn! That thing is a monster! I'm kinda glad your keeping true with the jeep powerplant.

Yes, I gave it a lot of though. I like the 4.0 a lot, I just hate the fact that on the highway going up a steep incline, when you downshift in the auto from 4th to 3rd (by disabling the OD), there is no increase in power, just an increase in sound.

View attachment 64218

View attachment 64219
What’s the cost on that?