A Story of Indecision and Frivolous Spending

IMG_20181214_155831.jpg

I just got in the Sait cut off wheels Blaine was talking about. I'm looking forward to comparing them to the 2 Walter discs I have left.

Chris, idk if you're still planning on cutting steel up, but if you still need some discs and don't want 50 I'd sell you a few at my cost ($58.50 for 50).

Sait is the only brand I’ve used for the past 25 years. Long life and reasonably priced.

View attachment 67845

I just got in the Sait cut off wheels Blaine was talking about. I'm looking forward to comparing them to the 2 Walter discs I have left.

Chris, idk if you're still planning on cutting steel up, but if you still need some discs and don't want 50 I'd sell you a few at my cost ($58.50 for 50).

I'd take you up on that offer. I have 5 of the 3M Cubitron II discs in my garage that Blaine recommended as well. But hey... 50 discs for less than $60? How could I say no to that! One can never have too many cutting discs, right?

Following @mots lead, I finished insulating the rear of my TJ today.

I used the Noico 80 mil sound deadening material as the base. I went a step further than most of these other guys though and used the Noico 170 mil insulation on top of it.

Here's some photos of the finished product:

IMG_2423.JPG
IMG_2424.JPG
IMG_2425.JPG

Tomorrow I'm going to do the front, which should hopefully be easier than the back. I'll tell you, even with as pliable as this stuff is, doing the rear was time consuming, and a pain in the butt due to the curvature of the wheel wells. I had to do a number of smaller pieces to fill in the areas that the material wouldn't easily conform to.

It looks excellent though, and with 250 mil of material, this should make the inside much, much quieter.

I used the Noico 80 mil sound deadening material as the base. I went a step further than most of these other guys though and used the Noico 170 mil insulation on top of it.

View attachment 69097View attachment 69098View attachment 69099

Tomorrow I'm going to do the front, which should hopefully be easier than the back. I'll tell you, even with as pliable as this stuff is, doing the rear was time consuming, and a pain in the butt due to the curvature of the wheel wells. I had to do a number of smaller pieces to fill in the areas that the material wouldn't easily conform to.

It looks excellent though, and with 250 mil of material, this should make the inside much, much quieter.
I can’t wait for you to finish my build! Keep it up when it’s time for me to buy one this one should be for sale lol

How is this sound deadener working out? Also @AndyG and @Chris and anyone else who has followed through

Just a single layer of the Noico 80 mil is a dramatic improvement. It is one of the best mods I have done (#1 for the wife honestly). I can't wait to hear Chris' review after he drives it. His will be even better with the additional layer. @Chris, do you already have a hood liner (Rubicon's did I thought)? That is what I did next for stage 2, LOL!

Reactions: JMT

View attachment 69097View attachment 69098View attachment 69099

Nice work! It will be worth the labor in the end.

Reactions: Chris
Just a single layer of the Noico 80 mil is a dramatic improvement. It is one of the best mods I have done (#1 for the wife honestly). I can't wait to hear Chris' review after he drives it. His will be even better with the additional layer. @Chris, do you already have a hood liner (Rubicon's did I thought)? That is what I did next for stage 2, LOL!

I don’t have a hood liner, so I will be doing that as well. My understanding is that only the LJs got the hood liner. I still need to buy some material to do the hood with.

Reactions: mots
Yes, definitely carpet is needed over it. It's a closed cell foam that is water proof and mold resistant, but it will tear easily if you don't have some protection over it. Bed Rug or Bed Tred would be a nice compliment. Road noise over the rear wheel wells was a noticeable improvement. I'm holding off on doing any DB testing until I change out my noisy ass tires for some all terrains.

Reactions: tomtaylz and jjvw
Very interested in some type of sound deadening for my LJ . What is this stuff going to be like when you get a bit of water in your jeep ?

_DSC6993.JPG