A Story of Indecision and Frivolous Spending

what would you sell it for??

The Jeep? It's not for sale.

Well, I take that back... anything is for sale for the right price. But at this point if you include the cost of the vehicle and the huge amount of parts I've installed, I'm into it for $54,000 (probably a lot more if you consider all the money I've lost having changed my mind on parts I'd already bought).

The first question I would have to ask myself if I was to sell it is "What would I replace it with?".

The answer to that is another TJ or LJ, which would likely just end up being another massive money pit.

So realistically speaking, there is no point in me selling it. I don't want to sell it, I love it to death, and I have no interest in starting over with another Wrangler.

BUT... I suppose if someone was to offer me an absolutely absurd amount of money, I'd be stupid to say no. I mean everything has a price after all.

Well, I take that back... anything is for sale for the right price. But at this point if you include the cost of the vehicle and the huge amount of parts I've installed, I'm into it for $54,000 (probably a lot more if you consider all the money I've lost having changed my mind on parts I'd already bought).

The first question I would have to ask myself if I was to sell it is "What would I replace it with?".

The answer to that is another TJ or LJ, which would likely just end up being another massive money pit.

So realistically speaking, there is no point in me selling it. I don't want to sell it, I love it to death, and I have no interest in starting over with another Wrangler.

BUT... I suppose if someone was to offer me an absolutely absurd amount of money, I'd be stupid to say no. I mean everything has a price after all.
I had a guy that kept trying to buy my red Unlimited. I like it, don't really want to sell it. I finally told him I would not give him a price but if he wanted it enough to give me stupid money for it, get out his checkbook, otherwise, quit asking me and quit bothering me about it. He had to take it for a test drive every time he visited.

• Haha
Reactions: Nickgsjeep
I had a guy that kept trying to buy my red Unlimited. I like it, don't really want to sell it. I finally told him I would not give him a price but if he wanted it enough to give me stupid money for it, get out his checkbook, otherwise, quit asking me and quit bothering me about it. He had to take it for a test drive every time he visited.

Makes perfect sense. I have no desire to sell mine either, as I don't want to have to replace it. But you're right... if someone is willing to pay stupid money, then I suppose you'd be stupid not to.

There was a very built white LJ that sold for 45k on eBay a few months back. Even then, whoever bought it got it for a bargain. That guy must have had nearly 100k into that thing.

Makes perfect sense. I have no desire to sell mine either, as I don't want to have to replace it. But you're right... if someone is willing to pay stupid money, then I suppose you'd be stupid not to.

There was a very built white LJ that sold for 45k on eBay a few months back. Even then, whoever bought it got it for a bargain. That guy must have had nearly 100k into that thing.
https://www.crossjeepchrysler.com/i...ubicon-4wd-2d-sport-utility-1j4fa69s15p340264

Similar money and not moving which is insane to me. It can’t be for sale for much longer. Somebody is gonna get a really good deal on this one.

Reactions: zebra12 and Chris

i didnt want to buy it. i was just curious what you would ask if you were to sell it.

its to nice to sell!!

i didnt want to buy it. i was just curious what you would ask if you were to sell it.

its to nice to sell!!

Got it.

I don't plan to sell it ever (unless it were due to something unforeseeable).

But like the saying goes, "everything has a price". If some guy came along and offered me 100k, wouldn't I be an idiot not to sell it for that much?

Hell, for that price I could build another one and have 50k in the bank on top of it.

https://www.crossjeepchrysler.com/i...ubicon-4wd-2d-sport-utility-1j4fa69s15p340264

Similar money and not moving which is insane to me. It can’t be for sale for much longer. Somebody is gonna get a really good deal on this one.

@Chris Madison needs to shed some light on that one.

Damn, a TJR with upgraded rear end, s/c, low miles, upgraded seats etc...why isn't this selling Louisville peeps? Bad Carfax?

My thoughts (if it is as nice as it looks):
  • Not many know what they are looking at when it comes to Jeeps, especially older ones. Eventually the right buyer will come along and get a deal like @Starrs said.
  • The same lot has a 2016 2dr Rubicon with 22k for just a few thousand more. Most would go for this deal unless they were a true TJ fan.
  • It takes a willing buyer with cash in hand or an approved classic car loan with a great interest rate (i.e. those with money and good credit). Around here, most folks with extra money and/or status are looking for the large flashy JK's or JL's with 4 doors. Sad, but true.

This site contains affiliate links for which Jeep Wrangler TJ Forum may be compensated.
Picked up a MORryde Rotopax mount for the TJ today:
http://rover.ebay.com/rover/1/711-5...0001&campid=5337789113&icep_item=332962613877

Not sure what I'm going to use the Rotopax for, but I like the way this mount attaches to the MORryde / Exogate tire carrier. I'll probably just get a 2.5 gallon FuelpaX and use it for those times I go out on really remote trails / FS roads.

Nice, this is on my list I’ll be curious what you think of it, id probably connect an antenna for my ham radio on it too.

This site contains affiliate links for which Jeep Wrangler TJ Forum may be compensated.
MORryde makes a CB antenna mount as well that bolts onto the Exogate. I ordered one of those as well!

Yeah I have my cb on the left tailight just want another antenna for my ham :). The extra fuel would be very nice, we’ll see if I get this before or after Moab.

Yeah I have my cb on the left tailight just want another antenna for my ham :). The extra fuel would be very nice, we’ll see if I get this before or after Moab.

Oh yes, I'm going to see if I can mount the HAM and CB antenna on here. Carrying an extra 3.5 gallons of fuel would be nice. I'm not sure I'll ever need it, but out here in Oregon there are some pretty remote FS roads that just go forever. Having that extra capacity will be nice.

I could have gone with the GenRight extended range tank, but I didn't like that it hung down lower, which has an impact on ground clearance of course.

Oh yes, I'm going to see if I can mount the HAM and CB antenna on here. Carrying an extra 3.5 gallons of fuel would be nice. I'm not sure I'll ever need it, but out here in Oregon there are some pretty remote FS roads that just go forever. Having that extra capacity will be nice.

I could have gone with the GenRight extended range tank, but I didn't like that it hung down lower, which has an impact on ground clearance of course.

https://gr8tops.com/shop/jeepmodels/wrangler-lj-2/tjlj-hd-tailgate-hinge-rotopax-mount

This mentions the antenna mount with the rotopax mount. I’m curious what the mount actually looks like without a rotopax on.

I’d debate the larger gas tank one day.

Reactions: tomtaylz