A Story of Indecision and Frivolous Spending

Will the rotopax mount fit with 35's? I thought I saw somewhere 33" tires was the max size tire that works with rotopax mount.

I didn’t see anywhere where it gave a limitation on tire size. Hopefully that’s not the case. I guess I better start looking ASAP before they ship it.

Finished installing the Savvy front bumper today.

I was going to get some KC Daylighters for it, but I'm not particularly fond of how ridiculously large they are.

IMG_2460.JPG
IMG_2461.JPG
IMG_2462.JPG
IMG_2463.JPG
IMG_2464.JPG

some 5" round LED fogs would be a nice compliment. I don't like the bar, but that is my personal taste thingy.

Reactions: Chris
some 5" round LED fogs would be a nice compliment. I don't like the bar, but that is my personal taste thingy.

I tried it without the bar, I like it better with it.

5" is what I was thinking as well. The Daylighters are 6.38" wide, which makes them almost as big as the headlights. They just look too big.

Reactions: bobthetj03
Reactions: derekmac and Chris
Is the bar low enough to sit on? That what I use mine for the most. :)

Looks great. Love the black!

Consider TREs thimble fairlead, gets the thimble out of harm's way.

View attachment 70339

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

Yes, I need to get one of these, it's next on the list. The current thimble and fairlead I was given for free, which is the only reason I ran them to begin with. I had that TRE on my old TJ and really liked it.

Is the bar low enough to sit on? That what I use mine for the most. :)

Ha! If you're willing to give yourself a bit of a boost (I'm also only 5'9), then yes, it is!

Another thought, Barnes makes a fairlead mount for LED lights. Maybe a 10" light bar between the bar?

http://rover.ebay.com/rover/1/711-5...0001&campid=5337789113&icep_item=173573608329

I'd probably go this route if the bumper didn't already have the mounting tabs for the fog lights on the side. It's sort of begging for some smaller, round LED fogs.

Truth be told, I just sort of like those smiley face covers on the KC Daylighters. They have that "old school" look to them. Too bad the lights are so friggin' massive.

I'm just being nitpicky from a cosmetic standpoint.

This site contains affiliate links for which Jeep Wrangler TJ Forum may be compensated.