A Simple Build

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chris

Administrator
Staff Member
Ride of the Month Winner
Incase you missed out on my last two builds, the first one was my 2005 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon, followed by Project Pissed Off Wife: A Story of Indecision and Frivolous Spending. Unfortunately I had to sell my last TJ to @toximus, as I owed the IRS 28k in backed taxes from 2008 when I was an idiot. They had put a lien on my house, and I didn't know what else to do. I didn't want to sell it, and I knew I would just end up replacing it with another TJ.

So maybe it's true what they say, the third time is a charm, right? I needed something to replace my last TJ, which was I regret selling, but unfortunately had no choice in the matter.

After moving to Arizona I've found that what I really enjoy doing the most isn't rock crawling, it's "exploring". Here in Arizona there is tons of exploring to do, so I'm going to try to build a mild TJ that will handle that sort of stuff without going overboard and being more than I need. I want a TJ that will still be very fun to drive on-road, but will also allow me to go off the beaten path and get me to my mountain biking and hiking destinations, shooting spots in the desert, and also allow me to tackle some more mild trails with the sole intent of exploring.

So what's the plan with this one? I'm going to keep it simple and resist the constant urge from people on this forum to build something I don't actually need. I've owned enough TJs to know that 35s and a huge lift is great for off-roading, but it sucks big time when it comes to driving on-road.

Current Mods:

Coming Soon:
  • 1" coil spring spacer lift (this is to keep the stock progressive rate springs)
  • Savvy cable shifter
  • Currie steering
  • Rough Country stock style track bars
  • Fox 2.0 LSC shocks
  • UCF no body lift skid
  • GenRight extended range tank

Current Photos

File0_031620.jpg

File0_056479.jpg

File0_071296.jpg

File0_053480.jpg

File0_052286.jpg

File0_059912.jpg

File0_036911.jpg

Looking forward to the build, I bought my TJ about a month after you started the last build thread and followed your original specs... 2.5" sl 1.25 bl on 33s with a TT. I'm now just making the jump to 35s. I think we operate on different timelines 😂.

What's the plan...?
TJ or LJ?
Mild or Wild?

Looking forward to the build, I bought my TJ about a month after you started the last build thread and followed your original specs... 2.5" sl 1.25 bl on 33s with a TT. I'm now just making the jump to 35s. I think we operate on different timelines 😂.

What's the plan...?
TJ or LJ?
Mild or Wild?

Well, I still want to be able to drive it on the street, so there’s that. However, in Arizona you can drive a SxS on the street, so there is always that.

It’s going to be a TJ, probably just as extreme as the last one I’m sure. I may as well not kid myself.

Now all you need is that Savvy mid-arm. Watch out, that’s where it starts to add up fast!

Reactions: 02GreenTJ
Well, I still want to be able to drive it on the street, so there’s that. However, in Arizona you can drive a SxS on the street, so there is always that.

It’s going to be a TJ, probably just as extreme as the last one I’m sure. I may as well not kid myself.

Now all you need is that Savvy mid-arm. Watch out, that’s where it starts to add up fast!
Just go straight for it and skip all the intermediate steps.

I'll sell you a Jeep that has a Savvy mid arm that isn't installed yet....;)

Don't know if it will cost less than the wife's grill.

• Haha
Reactions: Chris
The running joke I have with her now is that her teeth are more expensive than my next Jeep.

With your new, closer proximity to Blaine's, I wouldn't call that one settled just yet. :LOL:

• Haha
Reactions: Chris
I’m a sucker for the rarer colors.

How much did this all cost you ask? A whopping 50k. That wasn’t just our dentist who gave us that price either. We consulted 3 other dentists and every one of them gave us a quote within that same price range.

Damn should have just sent her to Thailand for a while.

Where are you moving to in AZ? Planning for when return to the US so getting opinions.

Yep, me too!

But hey, why not just go big and paint the whole thing a color of my choice :LOL:
Oh man if you’ve got the funds I would. I’m a big fan of Bright Jade Satin Metallic or Lapis Blue too

Status
Not open for further replies.