A Simple Build

Status
Not open for further replies.
That is an amazing job to clean that up. $200 bucks and looks real good.

I agree! It's amazing the work these guys do. I've had them do work on previous cars, and I'm always so impressed. You'd never know dents were ever there.

Reactions: Apparition
Y’all who are in the West side of OR and WA with all the clouds and rain need to come to the East side. Lots of sun here, and yearly rainfall avg is 16.5”. 70’s today, super nice all day long.

Decided on the kc’s?! I like it. They’re such a great headlight. I ordered the wide beam matching auxiliary lights too! I like the daylighter but I went with these.

KC HiLiTES 644 6-Inch Pro Sport LED Drive Beam Pack - Pair https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00LOYYZAC/?tag=wranglerorg-20

Yep, I'm loving the KCs so far. The Daylighter LED lights should look awesome as well.

Those ones you ordered are also very nice too. KC makes some great stuff.

Reactions: Nickgsjeep
Any audio upgrades happening?

I wish... it's 110 in my garage :LOL:

That and my kids aren't in school. Basically I have no time to do it. I'm waiting until school starts up again in late July, at which point I'm hoping to tackle it then. The only other free time I have is one they go to bed, which is around 9:30 PM, but that only gives me a few hours, and it's still hot as sin in the garage :LOL:

Almost considering finding an audio shop nearby with an air-conditioned shop and paying them to knock it out.

• Haha
Reactions: Hog and Wildman
I wish... it's 110 in my garage :LOL:

That and my kids aren't in school. Basically I have no time to do it. I'm waiting until school starts up again in late July, at which point I'm hoping to tackle it then. The only other free time I have is one they go to bed, which is around 9:30 PM, but that only gives me a few hours, and it's still hot as sin in the garage :LOL:

Almost considering finding an audio shop nearby with an air-conditioned shop and paying them to knock it out.

Holy cow, 110...that is pretty darn hot, and holy cow that kids start school in July. The tweeters are insanely nice, I have been listening to a lot of instrumentals and amazing. I may be more impatient than you with your install.:)

Holy cow, 110...that is pretty darn hot, and holy cow that kids start school in July. The tweeters are insanely nice, I have been listening to a lot of instrumentals and amazing. I may be more impatient than you with your install.:)
Some of it I think I can do inside. For instance, I can take the A-pillar trim pieces off, bring them inside, and install the tweeter pods and such.

But yeah, you should be out in my garage. You'll need to drink a gallon of water every hour to stay alive :ROFLMAO:

I'm impatient about it too, I really want to hear what this sounds like!

Reactions: skrelnik

If you seriously wanted to do that, and live somewhat near Mesa, you should call these guys. They are the main US distributer for Audiotec Fischer/BLAM.

CONTACT MSC
7931 E. Pecos Rd.
Suite 109
Mesa, AZ 85212

https://www.msc-america.com/

Some of it I think I can do inside. For instance, I can take the A-pillar trim pieces off, bring them inside, and install the tweeter pods and such.

But yeah, you should be out in my garage. You'll need to drink a gallon of water every hour to stay alive :ROFLMAO:

I'm impatient about it too, I really want to hear what this sounds like!

Yeah, and the 5.25" are a breeze to install. Bring the overhead speaker pods inside the house to install. Piece by piece and you can get it done. I just did mine reinstall and it took about 10 days all in, a little bit each day so the family and work get time as well.

If you seriously wanted to do that, and live somewhat near Mesa, you should call these guys. They are the main US distributer for Audiotec Fischer/BLAM.

CONTACT MSC
7931 E. Pecos Rd.
Suite 109
Mesa, AZ 85212

https://www.msc-america.com/

I'm not too far from Mesa, I may have to consider it.

Yeah, and the 5.25" are a breeze to install. Bring the overhead speaker pods inside the house to install. Piece by piece and you can get it done. I just did mine reinstall and it took about 10 days all in, a little bit each day so the family and work get time as well.

I have the rear speaker pods out, so I think I've got a start (y)

Reactions: skrelnik
And now I present you with some seriously badass audio equipment. Custom tweeters, 5.25" speakers for the front, 6.5" speakers for the rear, Kicker 6.75" sub, a wireless CarPlay Kenwood double DIN head unit, and one hell of a badass amplifier.

IMG_6226.jpg

IMG_6227.jpg

IMG_6228.jpg

IMG_6229.jpg

IMG_6230.jpg

IMG_6231.jpg

IMG_6232.jpg

IMG_6233.jpg

@skrelnik, this is some impressive shit. Those tweeter pods are amazing in terms of the quality. Also, the wiring that Don did for me (including setting up the front speakers in the dash pods, is just amazing. He wired them for me, sealed them with butyl (or something), and it's all just ready to install.

Okay now it's time to suck it up and sweat a little..... You Can Do It... :D ;)

Looks great Chris. Will be interested to hear how it sounds.

And now I present you with some seriously badass audio equipment. Custom tweeters, 5.25" speakers for the front, 6.5" speakers for the rear, Kicker 6.75" sub, a wireless CarPlay Kenwood double DIN head unit, and one hell of a badass amplifier.

View attachment 172821

View attachment 172822

View attachment 172823

View attachment 172824

View attachment 172825

View attachment 172826

View attachment 172827

View attachment 172828

@skrelnik, this is some impressive shit. Those tweeter pods are amazing in terms of the quality. Also, the wiring that Don did for me (including setting up the front speakers in the dash pods, is just amazing. He wired them for me, sealed them with butyl (or something), and it's all just ready to install.

Don is an amazing guy, does real quality work as you can see with that wiring.

I believe he sealed the 5.25" pods with Soundskins, equivalent of Dynamat but a little better and less expensive. I don't even know where to buy it as I use the cheap Boom Mat stuff. It acts as gasket and helps seal the Select Increment pods.

I recently did this as Don mentioned to, and same with @Rooscooter who also has the same 6.5" BLAMs, but the 5.25" coaxials where you have the 5.25" woofer plus that 1" Micro Precision tweeter. Chris, I was listening to some New Orleans jazz and I just didn't want to leave the Jeep, these things are amazing. @LJGreg - forget you ever heard of AudioFrog - Micro Precision, look at Chris above, they are amazing!

Let's see the amp, is it mounted on a board?

Wiring looks killer, are they all labeled as well, so you know where to connect, which channel to which speaker?

This looks so awesome!!!

Reactions: Nickgsjeep
I'm still waiting for the pods. I installed the sound bar BLAMS and they are a massive improvement. Putting the 5 1/4's in the dash should show similar improvement.

That is a pile of audio equipment @Chris.... It looks like at least an afternoon of work... ;)

Be careful and have a plan when you cut our the sub dash piece to put that double din in there. You'll need to be sure to clear all of the wiring harnesses out of the way. I used a reciprocating saw with a metal blade.

Reactions: BuildBreakRepeat
I'm still waiting for the pods. I installed the sound bar BLAMS and they are a massive improvement. Putting the 5 1/4's in the dash should show similar improvement.

That is a pile of audio equipment @Chris.... It looks like at least an afternoon of work... ;)

Be careful and have a plan when you cut our the sub dash piece to put that double din in there. You'll need to be sure to clear all of the wiring harnesses out of the way. I used a reciprocating saw with a metal blade.

I wasn't even aware any cutting was required. Looks like I'm in for quite a project.

I do have a reciprocating saw though, so at least I've got that covered. I'll make sure all the wiring is out of the way though!

Don is an amazing guy, does real quality work as you can see with that wiring.

I believe he sealed the 5.25" pods with Soundskins, equivalent of Dynamat but a little better and less expensive. I don't even know where to buy it as I use the cheap Boom Mat stuff. It acts as gasket and helps seal the Select Increment pods.

I recently did this as Don mentioned to, and same with @Rooscooter who also has the same 6.5" BLAMs, but the 5.25" coaxials where you have the 5.25" woofer plus that 1" Micro Precision tweeter. Chris, I was listening to some New Orleans jazz and I just didn't want to leave the Jeep, these things are amazing. @LJGreg - forget you ever heard of AudioFrog - Micro Precision, look at Chris above, they are amazing!

Let's see the amp, is it mounted on a board?

Wiring looks killer, are they all labeled as well, so you know where to connect, which channel to which speaker?

This looks so awesome!!!

They are all very neatly labeled, so I think that should be easy enough.

One thing he didn't include and I'll have to source on my own is automotive grade wiring connector plugs for the wires to plug into the speakers. Any recommendations on this?

What about getting a double din bezel @Chris, that way you don’t have to cut your stock one. There are many for sale (Crutchfield has one)

The cutting required isn't for the bezel... it's that there is a horizontal plastic sub-dash piece below the existing head unit and above the HVAC controls that needs to be cut out. It's not that hard to do however you have to be careful of the butt load of wiring in that area not to nick them when doing it.

Status
Not open for further replies.