A Simple Build

Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay, well at the very least I'll likely remove the factory speaker wiring harnesses, since I won't need them, and having unused wiring harnesses there will just mess with my OCD! I'll run it by Don as well though, since I'm sure he has some first hand experience.

Sorry I could be more helpful on this as I can't remember the full harness, and if any other wires go through the harness, but I think you can cut and remove it, I just don't want to tell you to remove since I 100% cannot recall.

Yes, I think you would need to cut it off and there is no need to. But once you see it just ask. Don is super helpful as well.

That third set is probably for the sub channels, are they labeled like channel G and I or indicate subwoofer? The 4th set is extra and came with that kit, no need to use since the amplifier has six inputs.

Yes, all the RCAs are labeled except the 4th set that are in that box.

Yes, all the RCAs are labeled except the 4th set that are in that box.

Perfect...make sure you connect them all properly and you will be good. Seriously, this amp can be overwhelming at first, I remember when I first got one five years ago and I was so lost. Take your time and get everything done correctly. As for your wire connections, did you decide on a route? Those Evolt connectors are solid, and give you many choices. That is what I used for all my speakers.

Perfect...make sure you connect them all properly and you will be good. Seriously, this amp can be overwhelming at first, I remember when I first got one five years ago and I was so lost. Take your time and get everything done correctly. As for your wire connections, did you decide on a route? Those Evolt connectors are solid, and give you many choices. That is what I used for all my speakers.

Yes, I'm going to get those connectors to use. I could use the run-of-the-mill connectors you get at any local auto part store, but my OCD won't like that. I like things that look clean and factory.

I'm sure I'll have plenty of questions for Don as I go. The good thing is that while I'm not an electronics guru, I've wired up numerous stereos and amps before, so I at least know how to do it.

In regards to the wiring, if the wiring to the speakers themselves is removable, I'll take it out. But the wiring for the head unit, I'll just leave that in place.

Basically, if it unplugs it's coming out, but if I have to cut anything, I'm not going to do that in fear of creating a bigger issue for myself.

Reactions: skrelnik
Yes, I'm going to get those connectors to use. I could use the run-of-the-mill connectors you get at any local auto part store, but my OCD won't like that. I like things that look clean and factory.

I'm sure I'll have plenty of questions for Don as I go. The good thing is that while I'm not an electronics guru, I've wired up numerous stereos and amps before, so I at least know how to do it.

In regards to the wiring, if the wiring to the speakers themselves is removable, I'll take it out. But the wiring for the head unit, I'll just leave that in place.

Basically, if it unplugs it's coming out, but if I have to cut anything, I'm not going to do that in fear of creating a bigger issue for myself.

With regards to the quick disconnect connectors you posted, while the disconnects easily attach, you would only need the heads and connect your current wires that Don provided to them. I get you like that clean look, so consider just buying the heads instead of having multiple connecting points, both male and female heads.

This is an example that i super quickly found...not recommending these.

https://www.alliedelec.com/product/...VWiCtBh3XLw9EEAQYAiABEgLZxvD_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds

With regards to the quick disconnect connectors you posted, while the disconnects easily attach, you would only need the heads and connect your current wires that Don provided to them. I get you like that clean look, so consider just buying the heads instead of having multiple connecting points, both male and female heads.

This is an example that i super quickly found...not recommending these.

https://www.alliedelec.com/product/...VWiCtBh3XLw9EEAQYAiABEgLZxvD_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds

I'm confused, why would I only need the heads?

Don't I need a male connector on one end and a female connector on the other end. That way if I need to remove a speaker, it's as simple as unplugging it?

A week! Does that mean we'll get daily updates?

Haha, possibly. I suppose today I can install the rear speakers since I already have the rear sound bar pods out and sitting here in my office.

I'm confused, why would I only need the heads?

Don't I need a male connector on one end and a female connector on the other end. That way if I need to remove a speaker, it's as simple as unplugging it?

You are trying to connect these two wires, buy introducing two new wires that are already attached to a male and female head. You could just attach a male head to one wire and then a female head to other the wires, in the circles, and connect. The 5.25" speakers and 1" tweeters already have a pigtail, without the harness, so you are connecting an entire pigtail instead of the missing harness.

What do the 6.5" speakers look like, and the 6.75" kicker, do those have pigtails on them, that Don would have provided? Any pics of them out of the box?

1593448921378.png

You are trying to connect these two wires, buy introducing two new wires that are already attached to a male and female head. You could just attach a male head to one wire and then a female head to other the wires, in the circles, and connect. The 5.25" speakers and 1" tweeters already have a pigtail, without the harness, so you are connecting an entire pigtail instead of the missing harness.

What do the 6.5" speakers look like, and the 6.75" kicker, do those have pigtails on them, that Don would have provided? Any pics of them out of the box?

View attachment 173157

No pigtails on the 6.5" speakers or on the Kicker either. Looks like he didn't do those ones.

No pigtails on the 6.5" speakers or on the Kicker either. Looks like he didn't do those ones.

The 6.5" definitely need them, so those connectors you posted would be perfect for those.

For the Kicker, I would just run one wire from the amp to the Kicker without a quick disconnect.

The 6.5" definitely need them, so those connectors you posted would be perfect for those.

For the Kicker, I would just run one wire from the amp to the Kicker without a quick disconnect.

Yeah, the Kicker will be easy, as that's what I'd intended to do with it.

120 heat, 3 kids being home schooled, new house...yeah, he may soon be out of balls to bust

I had 115 kids to take care of in 125*+ temps wearing 60lbs+ gear and everyone was armed too. But yes I feel for him... Well only to a point do I.

How's the stereo install going? Also, are you keeping the headlight surrounds black or swapping them back to chrome?

Reactions: tomtaylz
How's the stereo install going? Also, are you keeping the headlight surrounds black or swapping them back to chrome?

I swapped them back to silver. As for the stereo, haven't gotten to it yet, but I'm installing the RockJock Antirock and Savvy bumper today.

Reactions: Alex01 and tomtaylz
Status
Not open for further replies.