Project Pondhopper: Fishing Rig

Babygools99

TJ Enthusiast
Decided it was time to document everything i do to the Jeep from here on out into this Forum.
The goal is simple, a daily driving rig that is outfitted to carry all my camping gear, kayaks, and fishing gear for 2-5 day trips year round while taking all of the scenic and off grid routes i can manage to find. I've owned this Jeep for almost 4 years now and this is what i've decided to dedicate it to.

So this is where i'm at:
-1999 Sport with a 4.0/AX-15.
-231K miles.
-Front LP Dana 30/Open. Rear Ford 8.8/Open.
3.5" lift, Core 4x4 Adj. Arms.
33x12.50x15 Cooper Evolution MT's

This will be a slow process, but i plan on solving some challenging issues. There are things i plan on changing along the way that i dont like about the Jeep like the Hi-Lift location, front bumper choice, lack of winch, etc. I'll be treating this like it's day 1 of owning the Jeep, and change things how i see fit and document it for everyone here.

20200603_193115.jpg

Even though i've had this Jeep for 4 years, i'm acting as if this is day 1 of ownership. So, like everything else, i like to start simple, and get everything tidy, clean, and to my liking before i start any major modifications. These are all weekend jobs, that i will tackle in the very near future.
1. Re-coat frame
2.Re-paint glossy Hardtop and faded fender flares to a matte finish.
3.Window Tent.
4. Misc knick-knacks(replace broken antenna, broken fender flare side marker, replace door seals and weatherstrip for hardtop)

The only troublesome spot i have on it seems to be the hood. Managing it the best i can, but before it's all said and done ill end up spraying it. I just do paint and body 40 hours every week, and cant find the enthusiasm to do it any longer than that lol.

Funny, it always seems to be the hood on TJs! I've had two TJs, both with pretty good paint, but the hood always had paint issues.

Reactions: Babygools99
The A/C stopped working in the Jeep today. I believe the blower motor has worn out brushes that causes to big of a power draw, blowing resistors and melting plugs, burning wires. The fan speed selector plug on the Jeep's wiring harness has seen it's last day. I suppose my list has a new #1 priority. New blower motor, new resistor, new control panel, and new wiring. Anyone have any knowledge on where i can find the plug and witing harness repair kit?

20200703_180918.jpg

20200703_180931.jpg

Reactions: TJ Starting
Almost have all of the parts for the A/C repair. Went ahead and installed the new blower motor, a new resistor, and clean up all of the wiring issues. Just waiting on the control panel and i'll no longer be sweating my ass off everyday and can continue on to upgrades that i actually want to do! All in time.

Reactions: TJ Starting
Yesterday i changed the oil for the first time since doing my RMS and oil pan gasket. It's still nice and dry with no leaks, so it's safe to say i didn't FUBAR it.

Tomorrow i plan on ordering a couple of small parts that i think are going to clean up the look of my pretty weathered exterior.
1. SEM Trim paint for the Flares, Hardtop, Door handles,mirrors, and my Garvin Rack.
2. Rughed Ridge black headlight rings, but i plan on color.matching these Red and seeing how i like that whole look.
3. Hardtop Vents and Seals. Mine are very loose, and if i'm going to paint the hardtop, might as well replace the vents as well.
4. Clearcoat. I'm going to wetsand and re-clear my Headlights. They are yellowing and i can't stand it anymore, lol.

I will be posting a ton of before and after pictures of these repairs in the upcoming posts!

Reactions: Chris S
Small update on the Jeep. I'm coming very close to my 4th year of owning and daily driving the Jeep.
Recently, i've had to replace the Coolant Temp Sensor, and my Cooper Evolution M/T's are going to get their first 5,000 mile rotation and re-balance.
A new front TB is going to be ordered within the next 2 weeks, trying to do my research and make a good decision on which one i choose.