Project while I build the other project

sac_Jeep

As most of us do.. Can't pass up a deal when you come across it. So why not pick up another TJ while I build the TJ to LJ conversion?

Stumbled across this 2003 on FB Marketplace, 113k miles, auto with the 4.0, hard and soft tops and newer set of 33x10.5R15 KM3's. Picked it up because the other project is a long term one, it won't be ready any time soon. With our annual Colorado trip approaching fast and not having anything to take this year, seemed like a good idea to pick up this TJ. I DO NOT "plan" to do much to it, some added protection for the rocks, winch and as bad as I hate throwing money at a Dana 35, add a limited slip. Luckily it did come with 3.73's and pulls the 33's just fine, I'm not going to re-gear. I already have a Savvy BL, shifter cable and steering box skid from a previous TJ.
Jeep does have check engine light for EVAP system and a code for the thermostat, so going to pull some maintenance on it as well. Front tires are wearing uneven so going to check into that and fix the AC.
IMG_1977.jpg

IMG_1978.jpg

Been shopping this morning...

Motobuilt Dana 30 and Dana 35 Diff Covers
New Body Mount Bushings
TruTrac w/ Master Overhaul Kit
ARB Rocker Guards

Had to get from 3 different stores to make sure everything was in stock and could ship out today. Kinda splurged on the rocker guards. Quadratec had some LOD ones in stock and marked down, but liked the ARB ones a little better.
Was also able to track down my Savvy parts I had stored away. Install party should be happening soon.

how did the truetrac do? I have one installed but haven't been able to test it.

It did good, no complaints really other than just how all LSD work, needing to certain amount of slip before engaging. But knowing that going in, so no big deal. But the gains I got from it far outweighed that. It helped me up a lot of the trails.

Reactions: JoseA