Proper Air Pressure

Kevin E

TJ Enthusiast
Lifetime Supporting Member
I don't know how many posts I have read on lowering air pressure in larger tires but it's been a bunch. FINALLY lowered mine(33") to 27psi from 31-32psi. Wow what a big improvement! I am now looking at replacing my Pro-Crap shocks with the RS5000X for 4" lift. Can the rear shocks be mounted upside down? I will probably take the boot off and have more clearance next to the lower spring perch.

Reactions: Jerry Bransford
Yep you're right in the middle of the 26-28 recommended pressure range for a 33x12.50 tire, that would be a nice improvement.

Sorry but the RS5000x can't be run upside down, only Rancho's monotube shocks will work properly when mounted inverted. Here's where Rancho answered that very question... http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f398/info-our-new-rancho-rs5000x-shocks-2949849/
Thanks a bunch Jerry. I guess I'll measure what I have now and compare the size of the tube. I was looking at the Rancho MT 7000 also. Any input on the 7000 shocks?

No experience on their 7000's at all, sorry Kevin. I can say I am running the RS5000x right-side up/not inverted on the rear of my TJ with the axle rolled to raise the pinion angle for my CV driveshaft and it fits fine without any clearance issue. Rolling the axle as I did pulls the lower shock mount inward which reduces the clearance for the shock but the RS5000x still fits fine.

No experience on their 7000's at all, sorry Kevin. I can say I am running the RS5000x right-side up/not inverted on the rear of my TJ with the axle rolled to raise the pinion angle for my CV driveshaft and it fits fine without any clearance issue. Rolling the axle as I did pulls the lower shock mount inward which reduces the clearance for the shock but the RS5000x still fits fine.
Good deal. I will get them. I'm sure they'll be fine since I only run the beaches. No rock crawling down here. Thank you