WTB: Proportioning Valve

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rubi Man Dan

Looking for a specific proportioning valve. Part # 52126173aa. This fits 06 TJs manufactured AFTER October of 2005. Called Mopar parts..no dealership in the US has one in stock. Junkyard might be my only hope.

Looking for a specific proportioning valve. Part # 52126173aa. This fits 06 TJs manufactured AFTER October of 2005. Called Mopar parts..no dealership in the US has one in stock. Junkyard might be my only hope.
Why are you replacing your combo valve?

It failed. Wasn’t pressurizing brake fluid to the rears as required. Put in a new master cylinder(which was also leaking) , flushed lines first...no dice.
Can you be more specific? The combo valve would only not send pressure to the rear if the shuttle valve was shifted by design. How did you arrive at the failure diagnosis?

My mechanic. I know it was the proportioning valve because I located the last one in the United States (partial sarcasm, but maybe not) on eBay...purchased it, he installed it after much trouble shooting to eliminate other mechanical issues and the problem was corrected. Now, I’m looking for another since they are obviously incredibly rare so I can have one on hand should I need another at some point in time. They don’t make that part anymore. And by “they” I mean, everyone.

My mechanic. I know it was the proportioning valve because I located the last one in the United States (partial sarcasm, but maybe not) on eBay...purchased it, he installed it after much trouble shooting to eliminate other mechanical issues and the problem was corrected. Now, I’m looking for another since they are obviously incredibly rare so I can have one on hand should I need another at some point in time. They don’t make that part anymore. And by “they” I mean, everyone.
When the problem presented, was the brake light on the dash illuminated with the parking brake handle in the down position? The reason I am pressing this is I have worked on more TJ brake systems than should be legal and there is nothing in the combo valve that can fail to cause the issue as you describe it. It is a very simple device.

No. Nothing other than the feeling of the brakes feeling “weird” for lack of a better term? Which I attributed to the master cylinder, and it was. But besides the sponge brake..I could tell something was off with how the Jeep was braking. It “felt” like the rear brakes were either failing to actuate or release (maybe both?) at times. Having driven this Jeep for 10 years I was able to tell something was off. My mechanic is a competent guy and he was really frustrated trying to figure out the issue and eventually eliminated it all (his assessment) before arriving at the PV. It had to have been the problem because he made no other repairs (excluding the master cylinder and brake fluid flush) and the install of the PV did the trick.

Status
Not open for further replies.