Prototype Jeep Screen!

Ryan Thomas

I have no idea how I got here.
Supporting Member
So a lot of the time when I am out in the Jeep I will stop on top of a mountain/at a creek/at a (insert scenic spot here) - and I never want to sit there with the engine running and the AC on (I don't like using AC anyway).
The problem with sitting there with the engine off and the windows down? - effing mosquitos. Clouds of them, all waiting to drain me of my blood and give me Encephazikanengitis.

So, I made a half-window Jeep screen!
It's a working prototype/mock-up with a window channel on the bottom that you roll the window up into it to secure it.

These are just made with super thick/stiff paperboard, nylon screen, spray adhesive and staples - but actually work pretty well! The next iteration will probably be made of some sort of rollable plastic sheeting.
IMG_20160626_010257.jpg
Minor inconvenience solved! ;)

At least now I can do long exposure pictures without getting eaten alive!

Last edited:
Reactions: Chris
You know, I started this project just as a goof, but they actually work really well!
They are going to be great at the camp site. Keeps bugs out, and keeps the jeep from turning into an oven!IMG_20160626_142236.jpg

Hah, yep!
I'll probably paint them black, so they aren't so obvious - but I put them in the windows earlier this morning as a test, and the Jeep has yet to get hot!