Proud new owner of a 2006 TJ Rubicon

Schat64

Hey guys I just picked up my first Jeep. It’s a clean 2006 TJ Rubicon with 235000km on it bone stock and an extremely clean frame and pretty clean tub which is rare up here in Canada the salt in the winter eats holes in everything here. Just thought I would post up and if anyone has any recommendations for mods or things I should keep an eye on let me know

9943361D-118B-411F-81F6-76078F01484B.jpeg

Reactions: TJ4Jim
Welcome to the forum!

Are you sure that's a real Rubicon? It's missing the factory Moab wheels, and those Rubicon stickers are not factory (and in the wrong place).

Perhaps someone just modified it, but I just wanted to make sure you didn't het ripped off or anything (y)

Congrats on the purchase and welcome to the forum. There's a lot of Canucks on here!

Nope it’s a real rubi the wheels have been changed and it was in an accident and repainted and had this odd rubicon sticker put on but it has the factory lockers and the Dana 44 and I ran the vin and it says it’s a rubi on the vin lol and I thought that too when I first looked at but I’m was very glad to find out it’s a real one lol

Welcome to the forum!

Are you sure that's a real Rubicon? It's missing the factory Moab wheels, and those Rubicon stickers are not factory (and in the wrong place).

Perhaps someone just modified it, but I just wanted to make sure you didn't het ripped off or anything (y)

Congrats on the purchase and welcome to the forum. There's a lot of Canucks on here!
And thanks for the help and I think I got a pretty good deal on it but I’ll see once I get it in for safety next week How good it actually is hopefully nothing major but either way I’m excited to finally have a Jeep

Reactions: Chris
The seller was closer to Napannee according to Facebook but They ended up being from some small town of like 5 buildings
Yea... I just wondered if he had bought it over at wolfe island. It looks identical to one that I almost went to wolfe island to buy last summer, right down to the rubicon hood decal.

Yea... I just wondered if he had bought it over at wolfe island. It looks identical to one that I almost went to wolfe island to buy last summer, right down to the rubicon hood decal.
It could be the same he only had it a couple years since 2017 but I didn’t ask where he bought it from though

It could be the same he only had it a couple years since 2017 but I didn’t ask where he bought it from though
If it is the same one it looked like a really solid frame and very little rust on the tub. The rock rails were off and there was a small rust hole that would have been covered by the rock rails. It was just too far for me to go and look at it. Hope you enjoy it to the MAX!

Hey guys I just picked up my first Jeep. It’s a clean 2006 TJ Rubicon with 235000km on it bone stock and an extremely clean frame and pretty clean tub which is rare up here in Canada the salt in the winter eats holes in everything here. Just thought I would post up and if anyone has any recommendations for mods or things I should keep an eye on let me know

View attachment 124213
Nice looking rubi! Are the wheels from a grand cherokee? They look great!

Thank
If it is the same one it looked like a really solid frame and very little rust on the tub. The rock rails were off and there was a small rust hole that would have been covered by the rock rails. It was just too far for me to go and look at it. Hope you enjoy it to the MAX!
and yes it’s probably the same one it has the same spot where the rock rails would go and so far it’s great some minor things to fix but it’s been solid so far

Just an update to the Jeep for safety it just needed a windshield e brake fixed and the brakes bled and it was good to go but I am going to need axel seals all the way around and would like to know what the best ones I can get are? and bushings sooner rather than later probably summer 2020 so I’m wondering if I should do a lift then instead of replacing them with factory replacements or I want to do a 4 inch Currie suspension lift with Johnny joints and double adjustables so I was wondering if it’s worth the money to fix the bushings and wait for the lift or if I should just do the lift instead I will be doing most of the work myself or if I’m in over my head i have a good mechanic buddy to help me out let me know your opinions and I appreciate any help

cheers !! And happy jeeping

For axle seals, Timken makes good ones.

You'll want to start a new thread with questions like this though. These things will get lost in your welcome thread (y)